twenty | visionary

ARTEMIS LUPIN WENT A MERE TWO WEEKS WITHOUT AN OUTBURST

ARTEMIS LUPIN WENT A MERE TWO WEEKS WITHOUT AN OUTBURST. Yet, the purple-haired girl was a ticking time bomb, bound to explode at any moment. Anyone who knew her had to realize it was a matter of time. Yet, George Weasley had a way of calming her down. She hadn't hurt anyone, or lost control, when she was with him. Things were changing for Artemis Lupin and she just wasn't sure how she felt about it.

"Earth to Artemis,"Harry whispered as he stirred the liquid in the cauldron in front of them.

Double Potions was the worst, despite Artemis' natural talent for the chemistry. Not that anyone knew she was practically a prodigy. She would never admit it, even if she was the best in her year. She couldn't bare the idea of Professor Snape and her sharing a common trait. Instead, she just tried her best to get the potion to explode. It took a lot of experimenting, but she was slowly learning what ingredients could turn potions into bombs.

"Sorry,"Artemis murmured to Harry, glancing down at their shared potions book depicting the Calming Draught."I've got a lot on my mind."

"You've been zoning out a lot,"Harry commented, and if he noticed that something was on her mind, then it must have been obvious."Anything I can help with?"

"You know anything about Merlin?"

"Your cat?"

"No, the person."

"Just what we learned in History of Magic,"Harry admitted with a shrug."Why?"

"Just looking into some family history..."

Harry dropped his quill, turning his head to look Artemis straight on."What?"

"Miss Lupin, Mister Potter, are we interrupting your conversation?"Professor Snape scolded,"You should focus on your draught if you wish to pass this class."

Both of the teenagers just nodded slowly, going back to work on the potion, but they were quite finished talking.

"We've got to talk about this later,"Harry mumbled."With Ron and Hermione, okay?"

"Whatever you say, Sparky."

Double Potions dragged on for at least another hour or so. In that hour, Artemis managed to blow up the calming draught in Snape's face as he was inspecting it. She lost 30 house points, but at least she had a laugh.

As the class was finally dismissed, Hermione and Ron met Harry and Artemis at the door.

"I'm bloody starving,"Ron complained.