thirty - two | holiday delights

ARTEMIS AND REMUS LUPIN WERE VERY MUCH ALIKE

ARTEMIS AND REMUS LUPIN WERE VERY MUCH ALIKE. It was fairly easy to see, at least that what her mother told her on various occasions. It was in the way they both rolled their eyes, or how they liked their tea (with milk and three sugars.) Their likeness could be seen in the syndical, yet hopeful look in their eyes that her mother told them was impossibly unique. Estella could see it in the was Artemis and Remus joked around, their laughs mimicking one another. Sure, she took after her mother, but not in the same way she did Remus.

Remus Lupin rolled his eyes as Artemis came up with yet another excuse on why her hand was bandaged.

"I know your lying to me, Artemis,"The werewolf told her,"I've seen Harry's hand, I know that bitch did this to you. What does it say?"

"It says that I must not be prettier than her!"

Estella laughed at that, covering her mouth when Remus sent her a glare. Sirius had also snickered at the comment, watching his old friend chase after 'mini moony'.

"I do not believe for a minute,"Remus scolded, finally catching his daughter. He lifted her with his arms around her torso and sat her down on the couch.

"Dad— don't,"She begged. It didn't stop him at all. Just like Artemis, once he set him mind to it, there was no stopping him. The bandage drifted to the ground, and the devastation was clear within Remus Lupin's eyes. His entire face fell with a melancholy frown.

"What does it say?"Estella questioned, holding a breath as Sirius inched forward to read the scars on her hand. Remus covered his mouth with tears in eyes, feeling an extreme amount of guilt and anger."What does it say, Pads?"

"I must not..."Sirius looked at Remus sympathetically, putting a hand on his shoulder."...I must not defend werewolves."

"I'm gonna kill her,"Estella uttered out immediately.

"Stop!"Artemis insisted,"It's fine! I'm taking care of it."

"What does that mean?"Remus asked with alarm.

"Revenge, served the Marauder way. I have something in the works, that may or may not get me detention for life, but it's worth it."

"Artemi-"

"No, you aren't allowed to feel guilty. I was defending all werewolves. It isn't just about you,"She tried to assure him.

☽☽☽☼☾☾☾

Dear Draco,

    I hope this letter finds you well. I was flattered that you thought of me for the holidays. The anklet you've given me is beautiful, but I have felt guilty about not giving you your own gift. In this package is a black, leather banded bracelet with a golden serpent. Sound familiar?

   I thought you should know that I like our talks too. It's refreshing to have someone that isn't...so overcrowded. You have no idea how much I'd rather talk about quidditch with no end instead of speculation on whether a war is coming.