Mystery (DeceasedReader)

This is going to be long, probably confusing, and different. It will make sense by the end. It's all in third person.

Homicide lieutenant and detective, Victoria Anderson, walk up to the home of Mark And (Y/n) Fischbach, which is now a crime scene. It was currently 11:25 pm. "Lieutenant Anderson." A young cop nods as she walks into the house. She nods back. "What do we know?" She questions, stone faced. "(Y/n) Fischbach. Age 29, married, no kids. Found dead inside her home by her husband, Mark Fischbach. Cause of death appears to be strangulation by the bruising on her neck, but we won't be certain until we get an autopsy done. Neighbors didn't see or hear anything. We aren't sure of a motive. Nothing was stolen, and according to her husband, everyone loved her." The young man reports as they walk around the scene.

"There definitely appears to be signs of struggle." Victoria notes as she spots knocked over pictures, scattered papers, and spots of blood on the walls. Victoria kneels near the body. She lays on her back, splayed out, head to the side, blood dripping from her mouth, (e/c) eyes open. Victoria puts on a glove, then closes her eyes. A shame really. Such a pretty little thing. Had so much more to life for. She thinks. Victoria sees the bruising clearly, but they are more similar to a rug burn then hands around her neck. There are also many cuts on her arms and face. Her (H/L), (H/C) hair fell behind her. "Could have been blood loss." Victoria mutters. "Any signs of break in?" "Nothing. Closest thing was the dog being locked outside. Either they picked a lock, door way open, or she let them in."

The dark figure moved stealthily through the house and up the stairs, not making a sound. Knowing it was the time to strike. To tear her down. She had her back turned, in her room, reading a book. A hand was placed on her shoulder, making her jump. She turned quickly, and visibly relaxed at the sight. "Mark?"

"Where's her husband?" Victoria asked, standing up. "We have him at the station, waiting to be questioned. He's pretty wrecked though. Hasn't said a word since sitting. But you always get them to talk." The cop encouraged. Victoria smiled politely. "Get her to a coroner or an autopsy." She said before driving back to the station. She had someone lead her to the holding room Mark Fischbach was being held in. She had brought in a cup with water in it for him. "Mr. Fischbach?" The man looked up. He had bloodshot eyes as if he had been crying, which he was. "Can I ask a few questions?" He doesn't say anything. She sighed. "I know this is a hard time, but it will help us get closer to the killer." She said sympathetically, knowing that she could also be talking to the killer right now. Family members are always the first to look at in a homicide.

Mark nodded. "Thank you. Where were you at the time of the murder?" Mark looked up. "Grocery store. She was craving Eggo waffles with Mrs. Butters-worth syrup. That specifically. Something about that's how her grandma did it." He looked away by the end, like he was reminiscing. "Craving?" Victoria asked. Mark gave a shaky sigh. "She was a month pregnant. I lost my wife and my child." He sobbed out. Tears fell, but no more sound came out. Victoria really wanted to believe it wasn't him, but there could always be something to turn up against him. Maybe he did want the child. "I'm sorry. Was anyone else in the house that night?" Mark shook his head.

"Did you leave your wallet? It hasn't even been five minutes." She laughs. The figure doesn't do anything, face continuing to be neutral. "Mark?" No answer. "You're looking a little pale. Are you feeling alright?" The grip on her shoulder got tighter. "Mark, you're scaring me." She struggled out of the grip. A low chuckle came out. "Good."

"Do you no of anyone who would have wanted to hurt (Y/n) or the baby?" Mark shook his head once again. "Maybe a crazed fan, I guess. But my community loved her. Everyone who met her did. She was a ray of sunshine that only gave happiness." "Fan? Community?" "I do YouTube." She nodded, and looked at his disheveled state. "That's it for right now. Is there someone you can stay with for the time being." He nodded. "Okay, go get some rest. Oh, and your dog is currently at a neighbors house. House to the left of yours. Just give me a number to contact you, and your free to go." He nods again, writing a number on a card she gave him. "Please. Find the killer. I want justice for them." He said before leaving. Victoria sighed, running her hand through her curly brown hair. She then got up, and went to her desk to do some digging on (Y/n). There were many contenders for the murderer besides Mark. A crazed fan, a robbery gone wrong, a secret lover even.

Her blood froze. "Mark this isn't funny." She states firmly. "It's not supposed to be." Was the reply. Fear for the baby kicked in, and she bolted, but he chased her. A knife was in the hand of her attacker now, possibly there the whole time. He would sometimes get caught up, cut her, then she would run faster through the house. She was about to reach the door, but was pinned.

Victoria looked at the clock. 1:56 am. She sighed heavily. She had looked through (Y/n)'s phone for text messages, gone through her emails, went through letter addressed to her, and found squat. She rubbed her eyes, and decided to start fresh tomorrow, and go home to her wife for now. Besides, the autopsy should be done in the morning.

Her bleeding limbs were amusing to him. "M-Mark, what are you doing. Stop please, our baby." She pleaded. "Oh, I know about the baby. Precious (Y/n), all knocked up. But this baby needs to die." He chuckles. "I-I can get rid of the baby, if you dont want it. I swear. We don't need a baby." She cried, hoping he would let her go, and she could run. She had to protect her baby. "Oh (Y/n), you haven't figured it out yet. You have something I want." He said, brushing his fingers over the jeweled necklace around her. Her eyes widened.

Victoria yawned as she walked into the station, heading to the lounge to get coffee before continuing this case. She was going to solve this. Cases like this made her blood boil. It was almost personal. She hated the fact that someone had a life cut short by some psycho with a weapon. "Lieutenant? The autopsy report came in. Here." An assistant hands her a folder. She immediately opens it, not bothering to go back to her desk. 'Official Cause of Death: Massive force, similar to being hit by a truck.' Victoria looked at the paper, confused. It was impossible. She was in her home, no signs of break in or heavy forces. 'It's uncertain how this much force was put on the victim. Marks around her finger indicated her wedding rings were stolen, and the marks on her neck were from a necklace chain being ripped off.' Victoria decided to call Mark to see about the jewelry.

"I will never give that to you, you bastard!" She shouts angrily. He gives a low chuckle. "I know. You were told too much. So now I have to take it."

"Was that necklace expensive? Did it have some kind of significance to someone?" Victoria asked Mark, who was sitting across from her in the interrogation room once again. Mark's eyes widened in fear and anger when she mentioned the necklace, which she noticed. But denied importance. This made her suspicious. "Lying to me is a federal offense. I could have you arrested for that alone." She said harshly. "I don't know." He continued. Victoria didn't know what to think, but there were two choices. Either Mark did it, or he knows who wanted that necklace and is planning revenge. "Mark, if you know anything, you need to tell me." He fidgeted. "You don't understand."

He lifted her up with one hand, slamming her back to the ground. She helped in pain. Then it was silent before a few feeble coughs. He growled at the fact that she was still alive. "You son of a bitch." She mumbled around the blood dripping out from her mouth. She put one hand on her stomach, the other around the necklace that resembled a mirror. She sighed a last breath, and went limp. He smirked at this. He threw her arms to the side, ripping the necklace from her. "We could have avoided this."

"You're right, I don't understand. How she was killed by truck ensued force. Why you killed her." He gave her an angry. "I didn't kill her. I love her, with everything. I wish I had t left that night, that I had protected her, that it was me instead. But who did kill her is a force that can't be stopped anymore." Victoria gave him a confused look. "Every force can be stopped. Who is it?" Mark shook his head. "You wouldn't believe me." She sighed. "Mark, either tell me now, or I'll be arresting you." Mark lifted his hands. "Then do it. Because when it really comes down to it, I killed her." Tears pooled in his eyes. Quizzical thoughts come to Victoria's head. What the hell was she to do? Was it him or not?

The figure walked up to a mirror, taking the rings and necklace. It was what he needed to take control once again. Mark looked into the mirror, and cracked his neck. Suddenly blue and red flashes of light were released. It was clear, this wasn't Mark. Maybe it was clear from the very beginning. "I've got the power now, beware Mark. Oh should have known I couldn't allow a child to come and make the community grow stronger." He chuckled ominously, talking to himself. He used the jewelry to open a black portal, and disappeared.

"Who did this Mark?" Victoria pressed. And he cracked. "Dark."