Day 25 H̷a̷l̴l̴o̵n̶e̵-̴s̶h̴o̵t̴s̶

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"I don't like this." I mutter to myself as I watch Jackie step around each tile. We ended up in one of Anti's little games. I was his 'damsel in distress' while Jackie was the 'hero.' Currently, I'm standing with my arms chained and immobile to two pillars over a platform. Jackie is trying to get through his series of booby traps, that apparently will have consequences. When Jackie steps in the wrong tile, a stereotypical movie weapon comes out of nowhere and narrowly misses him.

"This is too easy. He's planning something." I state knowingly. After years of working with Jackie, I've come to pick things up. Usually Anti is cocky, and straight forward. He doesn't hide behind cheap ploys like false advertising. He's purposely trying to lower our guards.

"I know, but what am I supposed to do? This is so different from Anti's normal behavior." Jackie calls back. "It's like it's someone else, but that's impossible." I wonder where Anti is. He isn't even here to watch it all go down. Jackie is right, it's almost as if it isn't him. But there hasn't been another criminal in town since Jackie started his whole hero thing. The wouldn't dare with a team of ego helpers, not to mention me. This attempt just isn't right. I don't like it. Jackie steps on a tile. But instead of the cheesy movie effects, fire blasts up from the platform beneath me. I shriek in pain as the flames engulf and burn the flesh of my arm. I can feel the fire making my skin bubble and disintegrate. It's a white, fiery, agony.

"(Y/n)! Shit!" I hear the blood thumping in my ears as the fire dissipates, I bite my lip so hard it bleeds. I want to fall to ground, cradling the new wound, but can't, the chains forcing me to stand. We hear a voice through a microphone system. It sounds like Antis voice without a glitch. Like as if one of the other egos had done this. It's their voice. I don't know what's more horrifying. The idea of a new ego. Or one of the others turning on us.

"Fine, your right, I'm not Anti. I'm someone entirely new. Someone with a goal that your getting in the way of." The microphone voice is gone. It now comes from behind me. "Don't worry about the glitch. I've taken care of him." He whispers. A bloody sword is held up to my neck. Jackie gives a fierce look at the person.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Can he not see his face? "I'm getting rid of the felons in this world." The new challenger explains. "Then why fight us? We're on the same side." I try to remain calm with the sword at my neck, but the blood scared me. Was he really able to stop him? How powerful is he? "You all have blood on your hands! The whole lot of you! You claim that little glitch possessed you? Those were still your hands destroying families." The newcomer shouts in retaliation, pressing the sword closer to my neck. I start tearing up. Whether it's at the memory of Antis possession, or the prosper of death, I'm not sure.

"That wasn't our fault! Don't do this to innocent people!" Jackie cries.

"Please." I whisper. "Don't do this, please."

"It doesn't matter whether you think you're innocent or not. You have to pay." He grips my hair, pulling my head back, and exposing my neck. "Say goodnight." He mutters. Before I feel the blade rip through my flesh, I hear Jackie scream. "No!"