Ask You Out {Jaiden x Reader}

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"You're anxious." "Am not." "Are too, the skin around your fingers has been torn off." I look down at my now red and torn fingers. Ah shit she's onto me. "Okay, I'm nervous." Jaiden laughed. God her laugh is gorgeous. "I already figured that out. You really need a new anxious habit." She said. I shrugged. (Anybody else do that, or is it just me?) "It's not like I do it on purpose." "So what are you nervous about?" She asks me. "W-well there's this person that I like. I want to ask them out, but I don't know how they feel." I say. She gives an award winning smile filled with compassion. I'm in love with her. How can I tell her? It would be so much easier if I just knew how she felt. Or if she even liked girls. If even if she knew that I like girls. Why is life so complicated?

"Well who is it?" Jaiden asks. "Um, I don't wanna say." I respond, totally not suspicious or anything. "Okay...we'll pretend I'm the person. Ask me out." She says. I can't tell if there's a double meaning here. "O-okay, Umm, hey Jaiden! I wanted to ask you something." I start. "Hi (Y/n). What is it?" "Umm, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to, I don't know, maybe go see a movie with me sometimes. L-like on a date." I stutter out. I was sure my face was red. My heart beating a million miles an hour. "Sure, I'd love too." She says. I wish this was real. "See that wasn't so hard." She says. I shrug, feeling a bit dejected. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Jaiden...can I ask you something?" She nods. "Would you want to see a movie with me sometimes. Like on a date?" I ask her.

She looks stunned. "I-If you don't want to, I understand. I-I just couldn't hold it in anymore, and I-" "Yes." "W-What?" She's smiling wildly. "Yes!" She says excitedly. "Oh, I was about ready to cry when you told me you were thinking about asking someone out. I've liked you for so long, but haven't been able to tell you, and now I'm rambling and gonna scare you off, please stop me." I laugh, tears in my eyes. I hug her tight.  We've been friends for so long, I never thought we'd come to this. "I've liked you forever. I'm so glad you said yes."

First things first, that story above was 420 words hahaha. Anyways, sorry it was short. The real reason for this A/n here is to say thank you to everyone here!!! This is officially the 100th oneshot 🎉🎉🎉🎉 I'm so thankful to everyone reading. You've inspired me, and gave me a reason to keep going. Thank you for reading thus far, and thank you for your kind words. It means so so so much to me.

Your friendly neighborhood writer

AntiKaseyWolf