Saved {Jack x Reader}

Warning: This chapter mentions abuse in a relationship. Feel free to skip the chapter

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I nervously smile at my boyfriend, Lance, sitting in the seat across from me. It was getting close to the end of a meal. I'm not ready to go back to our apartment, behind closed doors. He's a sweet person in public, but it's an act. He hurts me. When we're alone, he causes the worst scars and bruises of my life. He scares me. I don't know what to do. I hate this, I hate him, and I'm scared. But tonight, there was something that gave me a push of confidence. The Jacksepticeye had walked into the restaurant. I am a huge fan, and would have gone over to say hi, but with Lance around I know it would end badly for me. All night, he looked at me like he could see the pain marks behind the concealer.

"Are you alright, dear?" Lance asks. I clear my throat, and smile tightly. "I-I'm fine...h-honey." I respond, not looking him in the eye. I notice Jack, from his spot a table over. Lance must of made a joke I didn't hear because he slams his hand on the table while laughing. I flinch at the sudden, harsh, movement, expecting impact. "Wasn't that funny?" It's a simple question, but it has a layer of menace underneath. I fake a small laugh, and nod to agree. He looks at me. He smiles, but I'm still scared. His eyes hold a deep anger, a deep horror, a deep brutality, so deep that it makes me believe there is no redemption. The bill comes. The waiter sets it down with a polite smile. "Have a good evening." He says. You have no idea. Lance places the money in top of the tray, and stands up. "You ready to go?" He asks. "Um, I have to go to the bathroom. Go wait in the car to warm it up?" He nods, then kisses me cheek. I practically scowl in disgust.

I watch him leave the restaurant. Once he has exited the place, I go to Jack's table. He had been watching the small exchange, and doesn't seem at all surprised when I walk over to him. "Please help me." I beg. It comes out as a whisper, but still desperate. "Please." Tears spring to my eyes. He stands up, grabbing me by the shoulders to sit me down. I flinch at his touch. "Sorry." He mutters. "It's him isn't it?" He asks. I nod, wiping the makeup from my arm to show him. "You seemed scared. I knew something was up." He says, mostly to himself. "I'm going to help you, okay?" I nod. "Thank you, I'm (Y/n)." I sniff. "Jack." I nod. "I know. I got courage to do this because I saw you. I came to you because you looked at me like you knew."

He gives a small smile. "Okay, we need to get you out of here. Take this, and put the hood up." He handsome his hoodie, which I take gratefully. I slip the warm hoodie on, flipping the hood up to cover my face. Jack places some cash on the table before he stand up. He extends a hand to me. I jump slightly, which he cringes too, but I surprise him by taking his hand. We walk out into the cold night air together. I'm glad it's dark so my face can't really be seen with the hood on. Lance wasn't in the car, and is waiting by the entrance instead. My breath hitches, but he ignores us. Jack leads me away from him. Once we are some distance away, Jack stops to call an Uber. "Thank you." I say. "Of course, (Y/n), I would never let someone stay in something like that." I look down.

"I was scared." I say after he ends the call. He looks at me. "He hurt me so much, everyday. Physically, verbally, sexually...I knew I needed to get away, I wanted to, but when we started out he manipulated me until all ties with friends and family were cut. I didn't have anyone to turn to. Every cut, every hit, every word... I just wished we would just kill me or leave me. I couldn't do it anymore. But I didn't have the courage. I was stuck in a loop. Until I saw you there. So, thank you. You saved my life." I get choked up on words by the end, tears slipping on my cheeks. Jack faces me, cups my face with his hands. Normally I would tear away or fight it, but something about him is so warm and comforting. He wipes the tears with his thumbs soothingly. "It's gonna be okay." He promises.

Just then, we hear shouting. "Hey, you bitch! What the fuck do you think your doing!" Lance rushes up to us from the restaurant. "Shit!" I start to panic. Jack pushes me behind him protectively. "Get away from my girlfriend." Lance growl to Jack once he's in front of us. "No. I know what you did to her." Lance growls again. "We're done, Lance." I sob. "You bitch! You can't leave me! No one will ever want you around! I'm all you have." For a moment I think he's right, he's the only one who wants me. I'm about to thank Jack for helping, and go to Lance, but Jack pushes me back again. "That's not true. You know that. That's why you do this. Because you know your not good enough." Lance looks taken aback before growing enraged. The Uber drives up at that moment. "We're going to leave. I suggest you don't follow, and we won't have problems with the cops." Jack says.

Jack opens the door, shoving me lightly inside. Lance doesn't move, but has the angriest face. Jack then gets in the car next to me. He gives the driver his address. Once the driver has started moving, I turn to him and hug him. "That was fucking badass." I smile genuinely at him. For the first time in so long, it's genuine. He shrugs. "I had to help." He smiles at me. His gorgeous smile. "Don't let him get to your head. You're beautiful and amazing." I blush a little, but don't respond. "I have a spare room, if you'd like to stay with me." He offers gently. I nod. "Thank you Jack. You really have saved me."