Puppy Love {Mark x DogReader}

So a little info to start. You, dear reader, are a little puppy in this one. Puppies start walking at about 21 days (three weeks), and eat solid food at 42 days (six weeks). You are 28 days (four weeks) old here. So you can walk/kinda run, but can't eat solid food yet. You're also a runt if you're litter, so you're a small little thing 😊

Requested by @crazykitty3000 I hope it's good 😊

Mark P.O.V.

It was a cold day, actually snowing for the first time in forever (don't), but I was still walking Henry and Chica. Ethan was with me, walking Spencer. We were talking about some shit or the other when I heard a commotion across the street. At first I saw some kids in my merch, so I was softly smiling to myself until I saw what they were doing. They were chasing a small dog, and throwing rocks at it.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I tried to run on my wobbly legs, but it wasn't working out so great. I was scared by their loud noises and flying objects. I wanted to get away, but couldn't. I feel one of their objects hit my back leg, and I stumble forward and fall. I whimper as my nose gets scraped on the cold, hard, ground. I want to keep going, but I'm too tired, cold, and in too much pain. I whimper as I see the humans get closer. I hear barking, and see two more humans with more dogs. Are they barking at me? I wonder. I feel something cold and slimy on my fur as the humans throw something new on me now that they are hovering over me. I yelp and cry, wanting help. The barking gets louder as I see one of the dogs, a big golden one, break from the human and run over to me. She stands over me, growling at the humans. I hear her telling them to back off. One of her legs is close to me, so I huddle to it for warmth. Somehow, I feel instantly at peace. I'm comforted by her presence. Seemingly scared of the bigger dog, the young humans run off.

Mark P.O.V.

"Chica!" I see her run over and protect the puppy from the horrible teens tormenting it. The kids run off when Chica growls at them. I run over, Henry seemingly disinterested in the running, and releash Chica. "She never growls. She must really like this puppy." I state. "Mark, look at how small it is. We can't leave it here to die." Ethan points out. "You're right, and I'm not." Chica happily wags her tail at the sight of the puppy. I go to carefully lift it, but Chica wasn't having it. She growls as I go to touch the puppy. "Whoa!" Ethan laughs. "That's so cute though." "Yeah, well it would be cuter if I could help the puppy." I carefully lift the puppy up, holding it close to me for warmth. It's fur is sticky and cold from whatever they threw at the puppy. Chica seems satisfied by the act, and stops growling despite the puppy's squirming movements. "Okay then, let's go back to my place." I say, trying to comfort the puppy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk into the warm house. I relish the feeling of being out of the cold air. "Amy! I kinda...brought a puppy home." I announce. "What?" She rushed to the doorway, and I show her the small pup. "What happened? The poor thing looks to young to even walk!" Amy carefully take the pup into her hands. "Some kids were tormenting it. Chica is set on protecting it. She broke loose and growled at them." I report. "She adopted it!" Ethan jokes. "I'll try and bathe it, you look up what we need to do, and get supplies." Amy instructs, carrying the pup away, Chica in tow.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I squirm in the new human's hands. I want to go back to that golden dog. The female human's hands are warm, but not as comforting as the golden dog's legs. I wag my tag when I see her following. I am carried to a strange room, and over to a bowl that's in a table, and has a shiny stick coming out of the table too. The human flips something, making a line of something come out of the stick. She sets me on the table carefully, making me yelp at the cold, but she quickly comes back with a small blanket. She runs the blanket under the stick, then picks me up, and holds me over the bowl. I squirm, uncomfortable, but the human has a strong grip. I feel the blanket, which is very warm, being rubbed across my fur. It's strange feeling, and I don't like it. I cry out, want the golden dog to help me again. I hear the human make human talk, and the golden dog reassures me that it'll make me better. I decide to stop squirming, and sit still. After a few more moments, I am wrapped in a new, bigger, dry, blanket. I yawn, comfortable.

Mark P.O.V.

I come back inside, Me and Ethan carrying various objects. I find Amy in the living room, watching Chica lick and cuddle the puppy. "Well that's adorable." Amy smiles. "Yeah. Anyways, I figured out the puppy was a girl. We need to give her a name." Amy says excitedly. I look over at the puppy that appears to be a (favorite breed). I attempt to get closer, but Chica protest with a soft growl. I back off. "Jeez...Chica's that mom." I joke. We end up deciding to name the puppy (Y/n). "I got some of the formula replacement for her, but how are we gonna feed her when Chica won't let us near?" I ask. "I have an idea." Amy fills the bottle, and get closer to Chica. Chica growls softly again, but tilts her head when Amy doesn't touch (Y/n). "Don't worry girl, I just want (Y/n) to get some food." Amy reassures. She places the bottle down, up against Chica so it would be like Chica was feeding (Y/n) directly. "Look at my smart and beautiful girlfriend." I praise, kissing the top of her head. Of course, that requires me to get closer to the doggy pair, which makes Chica angry again.

"Oh, come on Chica Bica. I just wanna say hi." I softly say. I crouch down, stopping right in front of them. Chica keeps her eyes on me. I reach out to pet Chica, which she allows, but when I reach down towards (Y/n) she growls again. "Okay, right, noted. Another time." I back away. "Do all women hate guys?" I ask.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I cuddle into the golden dogs side. She nudges me closer to something that looks strange, but it also smells good. Like food. I accept that it's food, and suckle at it. Eat up, little pup. I hear her say. I listen to dog mom, happily accepting the food. Her presence is comforting and safe. I know she will protect me. I soon fall asleep next to her, knowing that I'm finally safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dog mom, dog mom! I cry, running at who I know now as Chica. I show her my new toy, a big stick from outside, with pride. She laughs. They won't like that you brought that inside. She says. They can kiss my furry butt. I retort, happy with it. I lay down to chew on it when the man, I know as Mark now, comes into the room with a weird box in his hand. he gets close to me, not even getting yelled at by Dog mom anymore, and starts speaking the weird human words.

Mark P.O.V.

"So I know you have all been waiting to meet (Y/n), so here she is. Making a mess with her newfound love again." I say. "She's about three months old now, and very energetic. She puts Chica, her adoptive mom, through the paces. Actually, I'm surprised Chica is letting me get this close. She is usually way more protective. I don't know, maybe she want you all to meet (Y/n)." I joke. Chica walks over, hearing her name, and gets in front of the camera next to (Y/n). "(Y/n)'s been great, and we're working on potty training. It's real cute seeing these two together, so I'll try and get some footage of that. But yeah, I should probably get that stick, so I will see you all in the next video. Buh-bye!" I wave then turn off the camera. I reach for the stick, but am growled at by both (y/n) and Chica. "Right...this is gonna be harder then I thought."