Forgiveness {Mark x Reader}

So, I'm back. Hi. The entire time...I just wanted...to W R I T E. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted. So yeah, I'm feeling better. I realize that the last oneshot before I left was a bad one to leave off on 😳 Obviously shit storms don't just going away, but I've taken time and done some reflecting that helped.

Requested by @crazykitty3000 before I went on break.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I wake up to my alarm, alerting me that I need to get up and get ready for work. After changing and putting my hair up, I go to the kitchen to put coffee in a travel mug. I look at the time. 8:46 AM. I find it strange that Mark isn't awake yet, but recall him being still in the bed when I left the room, so I'm not too concerned. I'm all set to go, already at the door, when I hear a thumping noise from the other room. I rush to investigate the noise, worried someone might have broken in. To my horror, I see Mark on the ground at the bottom of the stairs, seemingly unconscious. "Mark!" I shriek, kneeling over him. I feel my heart pounding like it's going to break out of my chest. I try shaking him awake, but get no response. "Mark, Mark! Oh god, please wake up." I beg, looking for a pulse. Just as I'm about to reach for my phone to call for an ambulance. Mark shoots up, yelling. I scream and he laughs. "Gotcha." He announces. However, I don't find this at all funny. "What the hell, Mark? I thought you were seriously hurt. Why would you even think this was funny." His face changes from humor to concern.

"I didn't mean to scare you, (Y/n), honest." I huff, standing up, and heading towards the door. "Well it was still messed up. I'm going to work. Try not to fall down the stairs again. Oh wait! You didn't actually do that. Never mind. Do what you like as long as it's all a dumb joke." I slam the door behind me.

~~~~~

I get home at six, the same as always. I'm mentally drained, basically just from this morning. I was so scared. I'm still kind of freaked. And I'm pissed. Very very pissed. I walk inside, and am surrounding by mood lighting from candles, and hit the intoxicating smell of (favorite food). Mark comes into the room with an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry I scared you this morning. That was dumb of me. I'd be terrified if I thought you'd been hurt, and I'm sorry I did that to you. To make it up to you, I planned a very nice night for you starting with a dinner of (favorite food)." With a soft smile, I allow him to take my hand to lead me to the table. The table is set with a (f/c) cloth, and nice plates with the food already distributed. I happily sit down and dig into my food.

After eating Mark draws me a warm bubble bath. He'd even gone out to find my favorite scented bath salts and an added touch of chocolates. Candles are the only lighting in the room, giving off a warm feeling. As I'm sitting in the tub, Mark is off doing the dishes. I relish the feeling of the warm water, and am comforted by the familiar smells. I can't help but think about how nice it was of Mark to do all this. He honestly could have just puppy dog eyed his way out of trouble. This is all a nice end to a long day. How'd I find myself to be so lucky? After a little while, I get out of the tub, draining the water, and slip into a bathrobe. I go to the bedroom to get into pajamas, but Mark comes up to me and makes me sit on the edge of the bed without a word. He begins massaging my shoulders and back. A small sigh of relaxation escapes my lips, and I lean into his touch.

Mark leans around and kisses me tenderly. Even after all the time we've been together, every time we kiss it always feels like the first one. Laced with magic and heart. Nothing compares to it. "Am I forgiven?" He asks, looking slightly worried. I smile. "Of course you are, Mark." Excitedly, Mark gets up and does a little dance. "What is that?" I laugh out. "It my 'I'm so lucky to have you because you forgave me even when I was an asshole' dance." I stand up, and kiss him again. Everything just feels right in the world for that moment. "I love you, Mark." He pulls me into a warm embrace. "I love you too, (Y/n). You're just...the most amazing woman on the planet."

"Then I guess I'm lucky to have found the most amazing man in the universe." I retort. "Well, I am pretty amazing." He looks away as if reminiscing. "But no one compares to you. You're beautiful, compassionate, and most definitely forgiving." We both laugh a little. It's all silent now, just us staring into each other's eyes whilst wrapped in each other's arms. "How did I get so lucky?" I whisper. "I could ask the same thing." He replies. I wrap my arms around his neck, and rest my head on his chest. And in this moment, I feel like I'd never be scared again.