Are you....? {Ethan x Reader}

Requested by @xxxLillyLoopsyxxx
I hope this turned out well 😊

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I put the backing of my earring in. I smooth my black sparkly dress. I had been singing at this local dive bar for the past while to raise a bit of money. I know Ethan has been having some troubles with his camera lately, and I wanted to get him a new one. I find Ethan on the couch. "Babe, I'm going out with the girls again." I kiss his cheek. He pouts. "Again?" He asks. "I told you, the whole group is only here for the week, and we want to spend as much time as possible together." I smile at him, but he just looks away. I sigh. It'll make sense when I get him the camera. I go to peck his lips, but he turns his head so I kiss his cheek again. "Alright.... I'll.... see you later, babe." I say dejectedly, walking out the door.

Ethan P.O.V.

She has been going out like this every night in nice clothing, hair done, makeup on. I'm worried she might be cheating on me. She's always back home late. I rub my face with my hands in tearful frustration. I don't know what to do. I love her. I thought she loved me. I need a drink. I decide to call up some friends. "Mark! You, me, Tyler and a bar?" I say in a funny voice. "What? Need a designated driver?" Mark jokingly grumbles. "No... ugh! I need to get advice and get drunk!" I say, exasperated. "Sounds bad. What is it?" "Just call Tyler and meet me at that dive bar MacLaren's." I hang up, get some shoes on, grab my keys, and go to the bar. I walk in, pleasantly surprised with the sharp smell of alcohol. I grab a couple beers for me and Tyler, and mocktail for Mark, and find an empty table.

I wait for about 5 minutes, during which I end up on my second beer, before Mark and Tyler walk in together. I flag them down, and they make their way over. I slid them their respective drinks as I glumly take another sip of mine. "Dude, what's up?" Tyler asks as they sit. "I've been dating this girl..." I start, but am interrupted by Mark. "What? Since when? How long?" "Okay, I don't have to tell you everything all the time, you nosy jerk. And if you must know... six months." "Six months!?! What?!" I nod, taking another swig. "Yeah. She's shy. I was actually going to introduce her to you and my fans and whatnot, but lately she's been dressing up and going out, and coming home late. She keeps coming up with excuses, but I think she's cheating. It just hurts. I love her." I sigh. Tyler pats my back. "You're gonna need something stronger then beer." He decides aloud going up to the bar then coming back with two glasses. He puts them both I front of me. "Whiskey." He announces. I gladly down one.

"Just talk to her. There might be a reason. If she is cheating it's her loss." Tyler reassures. "Yeah. And we'll key that bitches car." Mark says, slamming his fist on the table. Then the lights in the bar dim excepts for the spotlight pointed at the stage. "Ladies and gentlemen please welcome our recurring guest, (Y/n) (L/n)!" Startled, I look up at the stage to see her walk out the step, and walk to the microphone. She's beautiful... I see her take a breath. I'm surprised. She's usually pretty shy, which is why it took so long to introduce her to people. She leans into the microphone, and what comes out is angelic. I stare up at the stage.

"We were both young, when I first saw you. I closed my eyes, and the flashback started..."

"Is that...?" I hear Tyler asks. I just nod. My eyes are wide, and my mouth agape. Is this what she's been found this whole time? I can't help but just think about how gorgeous she is, standing there, filling each word with passion. I'm transfixed on her form. I don't even notice Mark and Tyler leave the table.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"Thank you!" I smile as I finish the song and they clap. I walk off the stage to see to angry looking men. One is threateningly tall and the other pretty well built. I shrink back at the sight of them. "Are you the girl dating Ethan?" The shorter one asks with anger. I flinch but nod. The taller one pushes the shorter one back by the shoulder. "Ethan thinks your cheating on him. He's gonna break up with you if you don't explain what's going on." He says sternly but calmly. I can't help but panic and break into tears. "Oh god... I can't lose him! He's the best thing that ever happened to me." I sob. Just then Ethan runs up. "I'm so sorry for doubting you, babe! Please don't cry! You did so wonderfully! I love you, I'm so sorry." He holds me tight, and speaks into a comforting tone. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I sniff, wiping my eyes. "I was trying to raise a little money to surprise you with something." I tell him. He rubs my back, and kisses the top of my head.

He walks me back to a table where the two men are sitting. "(Y/n), this is Mark and Tyler. Guys this is (Y/n)." I hesitantly shake their hands. "Look, we're sorry about doing that. We were trying to protect Ethan." I nod. "It's okay." I sit with them. "So how long have you two been together?" Mark asks. "Some time." "Where are you from?" Is he interrogating me? "A place." "Where did you meet?" "Earth." He growls in frustration, to which I silently laugh. Ethan glares at Mark, then kisses my cheek. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." "So singing, huh?" Tyler asks. I immediately brighten. "Yeah, I've been singing for years. Choir, singing lessons, all that. I've never really sung for a live audience until now, but Ethan has really been a help for my confidence. I love singing so much. I've recorded videos and such, but never live."

I pull out my wad of cash, including tonight's tips. "I've been saving up for a new camera for you Ethan." I tell him. "Oh babe! You shouldn't have. I'm so sorry I assumed the worst." I kiss him. "It's okay. I have a little extra, I'll get next round." "You don't have to do that. You earned that money." Ethan argues. "So I can do what I want." I get up, and walk to the bar with a bit of the money, putting the rest in my purse. "I can't drink!" Mark calls. I get a few beers and walk back. I kiss Ethan again once I've set them down. We all click our beers together, Mark with a mocktail I assume is from earlier, in a toast. Ethan kisses me once more. "I love you, so much." "I love you too." And we have a wonderful night out.