For the Longest Time {Nate x Reader}

#blacklivesmatter

Oh, oh, oh
For the longest time
Oh, oh, oh
For the longest

It's been so long since I've felt this way about someone, but with Nate, it feels so perfect. So right. So amazingly wonderful that the world seems to spin just for us sometimes. I love him more then I've ever loved anyone, and it makes me laugh sometimes. I closed myself off from love for the longest time and barely even opened up to him. Yet here I am, fully in love.

If you said goodbye to me tonight
There would still be music left to write
What else could I do
I'm so inspired by you

She watches as I sing into the microphone, adorning a beautiful smile. How is it that this woman can effect me so much? I stare at her while singing, so much love in my eyes because (Y/n) deserves it. She inspires me, to say the least, do keep doing what I do with a smile everyday.

That hasn't happened for the longest time
Once I thought my innocence was gone

I got hurt badly in my last relationship. It was a bad relationship. It wasn't abusive per say, but it definitely wasn't healthy. They were controlling, demanding, and there was no love in it. When they cheated on me, I decided that I'd had enough with relationships. That they weren't worth it. I closed myself of from getting to close. Until I met Nate.

Now I know that happiness goes on

He made me realize that it was possible to feel love. That sometimes the relationship is worth it. I found happiness with him.

That's where you found me
When you put your arms around me

I remember the first time he hugged me. We weren't even dating at that point, but I already felt safe and comforted by him. We'd known each other maybe a month by that point. It was something foreign to me, it also amazing.

I haven't been there for the longest time

Amazing because I had forgotten what that sort of connection felt like.

Oh, oh, oh
For the longest time
Oh, oh, oh
For the longest

It's funny how hard I fell for her. There's no one quite like (Y/n). She's something I never thought I'd find. And I wasn't even looking. I was straying away from any chance of a relationship for a little while, not wanting that type of complicity. But (Y/n) makes it so easy.

I'm that voice you're hearing in the hall

He's the voice that I always hear, like a melody stuck in your head. And I don't want to get rid of his. His voice is my favorite song.

And the greatest miracle of all
Is how I need you
And how you needed me too

Something about this relationship just works. Maybe because I needed him. Maybe because he needed me. Maybe it was just always meant to happen. But it's perfect, and it's mine. It's a miracle because he saved me from an internal darkness.

That hasn't happened for the longest time

Because I really hadn't remembered what love felt like.

Maybe this won't last very long
But you feel so right
And I could be wrong

Maybe we won't last, maybe it'll end badly, maybe it won't work out at all, but right now, I couldn't care less. Everything about this feels like I'm meant to be here. With him.

Maybe I've been hoping too hard
But I've gone this far
And it's more than I hoped for

I could be living in false hope, but through out all of this, I've realized that I'm happy. I never imagined I'd get to feel this way.

Who knows how much further we'll go on
Maybe I'll be sorry when you're gone
I'll take my chances
I forgot how nice romance is
I haven't been there for the longest time

Maybe I'll regret jumping into this relationship if it ends. Maybe I'll be too crushed. Maybe I'll be fine one day after. Who knows, and who cares. It may go badly for me if or when it's over, but I'll take my chances. Its been so long that I had forgotten how nice it felt to be with someone who you loves, and loves you back.

I had second thoughts at the start
I said to myself
Hold on to your heart

I tried so hard to not fall for him at first because I didn't want to be hurt, but he broke through to me with his big heart and kind nature.

Now I know the woman that you are
You're wonderful so far
And it's more than I hoped for

The more I get to know (Y/n), the more I fall in love with her. She's everything I didn't know I wanted. Maybe everything I didn't know I needed.

I don't care what consequence it brings
I have been a fool for lesser things

Maybe it'll just hurt me, maybe it'll hurt him, but I think that the possible consequences are worth the risk. After all, I've done stupider things, but at least I'm really in love here.

I want you so bad
I think you ought to know that
I intend to hold you for the longest time

"I'll never let you go." I reassure her, kissing her forehead. She smiles up at me, making my heart flutter as always. "I'll be here till the end." She promises. "Because I love you."