Curse This Tiny Body

The days seem to be moving by quickly, but that is only because this body requires too much sleep. I feel I will never get anything done.

I am now 9 months old and have finally built up the muscle on this meat suit to allow me to walk short distances. I am worried though that I will be caught working out so I can only move freely in the middle of the night.

The only good thing is that the maids all gossip incessantly, unworried that I may understand anything they are saying.

Through them I have learned that this is the type of world where kingdoms clash in wars, there are guilds where people can work as adventurers, and a large portion of the world is uninhabitable due to it belonging to the beasts.

I've also heard useless information such that I know, Sophia, my head maid finds the baker quite handsome. Her twin brother Mathew, who works in the kitchen thinks he is a dunce in anything culinary. Therefore thinks his looks cannot make up for it. Hint hint he thinks dude is not good enough for his sister.

I know they aren't normal as I've peeked at them with my gods eye

Sophia #7 and Mathew #6
Age: 16
Race: demon
Titles: Head Maid and Chef
Secret titles: ex-assassins #6 and 7 of The Lost Boys (a group of assassins that is comprised of children between the ages of 5 and 18)
Powers/abilities: shadow walking, portal, and fire

Also to be only 16 while holding such positions within the castle, mother and father must think highly of them. My mother and father must teach me how to get such loyal followers in the future.

Lately Sophia has been watching me more closely so I have to be extra vigilant around her. I have been sneaking out of my crib at night to get a layout of the castle, and every night I feel as if someone is watching me.

I have a plan but this tiny body makes it difficult to go anywhere. I have seen almost every room on this floor but still have not found the library.  I need to build up some strength before I try to tackle the stairs. I'm brave, not stupid.

Why someone needs a home this large is beyond me, but what do I know of this world?

Looking around my room I see brother peeking at me from the door. He keeps getting in trouble for visiting all the time. I heard the maids say that he keeps missing lessons to come to check on me because he is afraid something will happen to me. Silly boy.

"What are you thinking about?" The question brought me out of my thoughts that I did not even realize I had slipped into.

Looking up I stared into my brother's eyes that fluttered like the shiniest ruby.   I want to answer but I wouldn't want them to freak out if I started speaking too soon. I'm starting to think I'll go crazy constantly running a monologue in my mind.

See there I go again, I got so distracted he already left.