The Strongest

The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Every person waiting to see who would move first.

Silas who had been upstairs in his private office only came down to see who was making such a ruckus. He never expected a small girl to be the cause. On top of that, that she wished to fight him knowing exactly who he was.

"Killian." The one word rolled off of Silas' tongue the sound rich. Morgianna imagined that if it had a taste it would probably taste like whiskey. Not that she would know, even in her past life she had never drank but she heard how people talked about it.

"Yes sir?" Killians scarred face turned towards the man on the stairs but Morgianna could see him looking at her  from the corner of his eye. Probably expecting that any moment she will be struck dead.

"Let them join. No need for a fight, if she isn't strong then she will die." With those words he turned around once again disappearing into the dark upstairs.

Morgianna was all smiles, her gamble had paid off. She did not actually wish to fight him, as from what she knew he was a monster when it came to fighting and she just wasn't there yet.

She knew he was upstairs. She could feel his power even with all the stone and wood separating them. She also knew he didn't fight senselessly. He only took on missions for the strongest opponent. Anything less wouldn't be worth his effort.

Killian eyed her and Fafnir with a strange expression. Anyone could guess his thoughts. Morgianna assumed they sounded something like, "Why would he tell me to let them join, can he not see how small this girl was?"

While she had lots of magic potential, she was not on the same level of fighting potential as the dangerous man just up those stairs.

He had been given the name "The Demon" not because of race, but because of how he fought. Unrestrained and lethal. He could kill hundreds by himself and had been called a one man army. Rumors said that he still had both eyes, but felt like using both made things too easy.

Regardless, as she was now, he was the strongest.

"To join the guild I'll need a name from each of you, you'll start off at the bottom rank. Only take jobs within your rank. There is a board with all the jobs on the wall in the bar. Payment is given at the jobs completion. There must be proof that the job was completed. Any questions?" Killian looked at them with his brow raised in a "there better not be questions" look.

"Nope no questions here!" Morgianna smiled brightly, her mouth the only thing visible  under her cloak.

Killians mouth twitched but otherwise his expression did not change. "Names?"

After a few moments of thinking Morgianna looked at what her and Fafnir was wearing.  When the guy had called her Little Red it kind of felt right and for Fafnir well he is a dragon...

"You can call me little red since the nice gentleman earlier called me that and my companion will be called The Dragon." Killian looked at Fafnir who still stood behind her not saying a word.

"Is that fine with you?"

To Killians question Fafnir only nodded.

A vein in his forehead throbbed. "Alright tomorrow there will be tags with your name put on them. Can you come back to pick them up tomorrow? The tags help identify your body if you die during a mission, they also show your rank. The ranking is as follows." With that Killian pulled out a sheet of paper.

BRONZE
Anyone not ranked

SILVER
Top 100 members

GOLD
Rankings in top 50

PLATINUM
Top 15 members

Morgianna knew that Bronze would work for what they needed now. Besides if they stayed with the guild who is to say they would not one day reach higher levels.

Knowing that the tops received the higher paying jobs it gave her something to work towards. One day she would be the strongest.