Lets join a Guild

Seeing another of the Capture targets made Morgianna want to escape the castle even more.

Quickly making her way back to her room she sat at her desk and immediately began writing.

Fafnir who had watched the whole event take place was confused by her reaction. From what he gathered that was the first time she had met that boy, and he knew from her personality that him being silent would not bother her enough to make her leave.

So why did she become even paler upon seeing him?

"Fafnir, I would like to leave this evening. It is best to move our plans forward before something bad happens. Will you please take this letter to my father while I prepare." Her voice was monotonous holding no emotion.

Thought Fafnir wanted to ask what was wrong, he knew she would not answer. He had felt since the day he met her that she was a mystery that he would never solve. It seemed every day he learned something new about her or from her yet there was an endless sea of things he did not know.

Nodding his head he left her there in her room alone.

Sitting in her room she thought back to what she wrote in the letter. She knew her father wouldn't have time to look at it immediately, but by giving him a letter he would at least know she had left for a bit. The castle felt like the walls were closing in on her, like with every day she stayed inside she was getting closer and closer to not changing the future.

Morgianna stood and began to pack lightly, she did not know how long they would be gone, but between her spacial chamber and her creation magic, anything she needed would be just a thought away.

Packing two pants and shirts she had created she was just about to pack her toiletries when her brother came strolling into her room without knocking.

Felix was stunned to see his sister packing, he had not heard about her leaving to go anywhere and she was still so young. "Where are you going?"

"I am traveling to a nearby town in our territory to pick something up. Do not worry Fafnir will be with me." She told a half-truth, as she was picking something up. However that thing would most likely be the head of a wanted criminal.

She stared at her brother's frowning face, she knew he was not stupid to believe she was just picking something up. She also knew that he would never think his cute little sister would be going out to kill someone. After all what family has room for two children to be named the "gentle demon". She laughed in her head thinking of the name he had been coined in the game.

"What town? I could join you." Felix was not going to give up, his sister was acting strange.

"I could not possibly allow you to do that when you are so busy already. Just study hard and I will be back before you know it." She purposely added in the part about his lessons knowing that he couldn't neglect them.

As Felix was trying to think of a way to join Morgianna on her trip Fafnir returned. "My lady, I have returned from visiting your father, and went ahead and procured the carriage."

Fafnir had heard part of the conversation and knew Felix was trying to join them. Which was something he could not allow.

"Miss have you finished your preparations? I could take your bag." He did not feel bad about hinting that they needed to depart. If death really was after his life and some scumbag could take his place he would be happy to write that bill.

Morgianna looked at Felix apologetically. He looked like a kid who was told they would no longer have birthdays.  "I will return soon, okay? So wait for me to return and I'll bring you back a souvenir." She forced a smile and left her brother standing there in her room staring at the floor.

Walking out of the gate to enter the carriage she turned back to see her brother standing at the front door watching her depart. She smiled again and waved earning a small wave in return.

She had never ridden in a carriage and as this world did not have cars for some reason today she had no choice. The trip would take a day and a half to get to the town where the mercenary guild was. In that time she had much she needed to do, such as work on her disguise. There was not much she could do for her height, but she could hide her other features. Since Fafnir would be joining her, she felt he would need a disguise too lest someone recognizes him and by proxy her too.

She decided on black and red. She knew she should try to attract less attention, but she couldn't help it. Red was her color.

The cloak would be blood red with a hood large enough to cover her face

The cloak would be blood red with a hood large enough to cover her face. A dragon pin on the front. The dress would have billowy white sleeves that ended at her black leather gloves. A black corset and skirt accented in the same red as her cloak. And to finish it off a pair of knee-high combat boots.

After she had finished her outfit she wanted to jump in glee. It had more details than any outfit she had made before and she still felt like she had plenty mana left to begin working of Fafnirs.

Like herself, his outfit would also be black and red. However, his would-be predominantly black. With a red dragon above his heart.

(Similar to this but the red accents and the dragon)

She felt the material and was quite pleased with the durability. It seemed firm and soft at the same time. Breathable and easy to move around in.

She turned to Fafnir ready to share in her excitement only to realize he was asleep. There was a small lantern burning that had been hung up near her.

She pulled the curtain back to see that the outside was almost pitch dark and could not help but sigh. When they left it was still daylight.

Looking back at Fafnir she realized it must have been him that put the lantern up for her. She smiled as she pulled a blanket out and gently covered him. He may act rude sometimes and had even threatened to eat her when they first met, but he was kind.

Tomorrow evening they would reach the town and would need to make arrangements to enter the guild under different identities. Tonight she would rest.