A Little Adventure

I am now 3 years old, but honestly this body is still the bane of my existence.

I've started to be able to walk around the castle, but there is always a maid within eyeshot, it's like they are worried I'm going to take off the moment they turn their back.

Mother has already started etiquette lessons as well as all the normal toddler things. I swear kids have it tough here. I mean I don't, but by their standards I'd be a genius for my age.

"Soph may I have tea in the garden?" I bat my eyes hoping she will leave me for just a moment. I have been walking through the halls all morning and all I've succeed in doing in making myself tired.

I can tell by the way Sophia is eyeing me that she doesn't trust me alone. I mean really, she shouldn't because I plan to do exactly what they do not want me to. It is time for a field trip!

"Yes young miss, I shall inform Mathew to make those little cookies you like as well. Please have a seat and I will return shortly." She keeps looking back at me and she walks away as if I'll bolt the second her back is turned.

Watching her turn the corner I stand quickly knowing I have less than 7 minutes before she returns. I toddle over to the large stone wall that runs the perimeter of our courtyard and run my hands along the seams of the part behind mothers yellow rose Bush.

Since I have found the library, that is where I spend most of my nights. On one such night I stumbled across plans for hidden passageways, and currently I am trying the first one out. I would have preferred one that doesn't lead off the property, but the others that are indoors are in rooms I have had no reason to enter yet. Fathers study, the master bedroom and there is one in the servants quarters if the papers are correct.

After some wiggling of my tiny fingers I finally feel the wall shift slightly. It's quite heavy but luckily I don't need to move it much. Just enough to squeeze through and shut it behind me. After all I wouldn't want to be followed once they find me missing.

Our property sits at the edge of our town. Aptly named after our family. BLOODMOON sounds ominous but I guess in a world with vampires and other creatures only believed to be myths in my old world it's pretty normal.

Anyway monologing again... Our Property is surrounded by forest on 3 sides, and if I have my directions correct I'm directly to the back on the house... which means I can either go straight or take a chance going left or right along the border of the property and risk being discovered quickly.

Straight it is!  I'll just go a little in and check the area out and then I can turn back around and go straight back to the stone wall. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

*whine*

I've only been walking for a short while, still within eyeshot of the wall when I heard the saddest whine I had ever heard.

Training my ears to pick up even the slightest sound I heard the whine to my right and set off in that direction.

Laying on the ground with one paw stuck in a bear trap was a wolf pup. His color was solid black and he had the most gorgeous blue eyes.

Getting closer to him I wasn't surprised when he started growling and baring his teeth at me.

"I am not going to hurt you. Just let me at least get your paw out of the trap, and afterwards I can try to heal you. I mean I'm not sure if I'm any good at it as I've never actually tried but I was told I'd have light magic and so I should be able to." I felt like I was rambling but the wolf was no longer growling. Instead he just looked confused, with his head cocked to the side.

"I mean I'm not even sure if you understand me or not. Can you like nod your head or something if you do?" Very slowly I watched as the wolf nodded one time.

"All right then, I am Morgianna, Mr. Wolf pup sir. May I please come closer to get your leg out of the trap?" Once he nodded again I slowly approached his side keeping one eye on his reactions the whole time. I mean I'm not too naive to not know that even at his age he could do some serious damage with those teeth.

After some trial and error I eventually got his leg freed, but that only showed me a whole new problem. He was bleeding, like a lot. He needed something for now until I could figure out how to work my powers.

Looking down at my dress I couldn't help but think it's a shame to destroy. I took the side of it between my hands and ripped across the bottom.

"I am sorry, this is all I have for now. Let me apply some pressure. It may hurt." Without waiting for him to give his nod of approval I quickly placed my hands full of cloth over the wound in his leg wincing when he let out a low whine.

"Bear with me." Is what I told him, but in my head I was screaming because I don't know the first thing about using my powers.

Just visualize what you want to do and the magic will follow your commands. Normally there would be a chant or some type if wording but you have been gifted the ability to use it without.

The voice sounded from within my head, but I knew it was not me speaking. Looks like they didn't abandon me after all

Looking at my bloodied hands, I  visualized the wound healing, not even leaving a scar. I was just about to move my hands when I felt them grow warm and a soft light start to emit from my palms.

"It's working!" The wolf snapped his head up and looked at me with large wide eyes. "Sorry I did not mean to shout, I have just never healed anyone before and got a little excited."

I couldn't tell what he was thinking but the young wolf kept his eyes glued to my hands as they healed him. After I was finally finished and removed my hands I pulled the part of my dress away to see his leg completely unblemished. If it weren't for the blood I almost wouldn't have believed he had been injured.

I watched as the young wolf stood up testing his weight on his leg. He leaned forward making me freeze on the spot and brought his nose to my hand before licking it once.

"Thank you."

The voice caught me off guard making me look around. "Who said that?" I kept looking everywhere but the only being around me was the wolf...

Turning back to him, "You didn't just say thank you did you? I mean I must be crazy."

His eyed widened at my question, but before I could ask him anything else I heard the sounds of my jailers coming to "rescue" me.

"Morgianna! Where are you?!" Judging by the voice it was my father coming to get me himself. I was about to call out when I noticed that the wolf was no longer beside me.

Strange, no matter which direction I looked I could see no trace of him.

I was just about to take a step in a random direction when I felt my body be lifted off the ground a crushed in a bear hug.

"I was so worried about you! Why did you wander off? Did someone take you? Are you hurt? You can tell daddy and I'll make it all better." Watching this grown man cry while holding me broke my heart. I honestly didn't believe they actually cared. I hardly ever saw them. Seeing him like this though, I can tell he loves me.

"I'm sorry Papa, I just got lost and went too far." I batted my eyes at him, letting a few tears well in my eyes. This should become my signature move.

Ryland Bloodmoon, fearsome warrior scared of nothing brought to his knees by cuteness overload. I'm sure he wanted to be angry with me but instead all he did was hold me.

I'm not sure if it's just the excitement dying down from using my magic or him holding me but I'm getting sleepy...