Lets Be Friends (part2)

Morgianna sat at a table with Olive not missing the glances that Angeline threw her way every now and then. To the "Heroine" the story was progressing just as it should. The villain had met her sidekick and the world would tremble at their petty meddling just so that she could save the day. Save the day AND win the hearts of the handsome capture targets.

However, unbeknownst to Angeline the story was far from where it was originally supposed to be.

"That two-faced fake hero keeps looking at us as if she expects a show." Olive huffed in annoyance sending a glare in Angeline's direction. Which earned her a smirk in return. She couldn't believe that she was excited to meet her only to have one of the biggest disappointment in her life. 'Oh well, at least I got to meet a real-life hero like Morgianna'.

The object of Olives adoration could still see the stars twinkling in the young girls' eyes but chose to ignore it. She knew what the girl was thinking and she was no hero. She saved Liza for her own selfish reasons for not wanting to see someone she cared about die. "Pay no attention to her, it's much too soon to put forth any effort into her." Morgianna wanted to say more, but this was not the place or time.

Olive could only nod, thinking of how smart and mature Morgianna was. In her past life Olive was already an adult, even if only by a couple of years, working hard for meager checks and an unforgiving boss. She knew from the news that the girl in front of her had not even reached adulthood before her life thread had been cut yet she acted as if she had lived for decades more.

Myra stood off to the side her green hair almost blending into the majestic garden, her purple eyes trained on her surroundings. She kept her ears open to all the conversations around her, though she would not deny that she hoped to hear more from Morgianna and Olive.

For the most part they stayed like this for several hours letting the other ladies tire of social interactions before leaving. There were a few times when Olive would need to walk around and converse with other girls, but she always returned swiftly as if she feared Morgianna would disappear if she left for too long. Angeline was among the last to leave, her face blessed with an angelic smile. Those that saw it would believe that this was the best day she had ever had. Her eyes told a different story though, they held unpleasant darkness as if she had been wronged. For what, nobody would know.

As she left she cast one last look towards Morgianna and Olive, this time not even bothering to hide her displeasure. Nobody but the two recipients saw her look and only one was even bothered. Morgianna sat uncaring of the hateful look, still enjoying the sweets that had been placed on the table before her. She did not care what Angeline thought of her as long as she did not act on those feelings.

Another 20 minutes and it was only Morganna, Myra and Olive left in the garden. Olive stretched like a lazy house cat before slumping back in her chair. "Phew I am so glad that is over. I would have never even had this party if mother had not forced me to." When olive said the word mother she scrunched her beautiful face up as if she had eaten something unpleasant. 

"You don't have to explain. I may not have played the game, but Liza told me things..." Morgianna let her words trail off. She could see Olives face blush in embarrassment and did not want to make her feel uncomfortable. "Besides, I have never been a big fan of parties. Too many people and you never know the real reason they are there." She tried to force a little smile with her subject change.

Olive felt grateful for the chance to escape her thoughts. If she had fallen into the rabbit hole that was her past she feared she would never return. "Would you like to talk here or go somewhere else?" She knew Morgianna probably had many questions and it would be a lie to say that she herself did not have any as well.