School Life

Days passed much the same with different classes each day. The only thing that seemed a constant was her magic class which was held every other day.  Well, that and the capture targets giving her unwanted attention and Angeline giving her 'I want you to die' looks and her brief meetings with her still-unnamed wolf friend in the forest. Unfortunately that first day was to be her only reprieve from sharing her magic class with an angry Angeline that made it her mission to try to make Morgianna look bad. Apparently she was not able to attend the first class as she was seeing the dean personally for attacking another student, Morgianna, and she was not going to let the subject drop.

On Friday, weeks after school had started Morgianna walked in and noticed many stares. She had grown used to the looks passed her way thus far but the ones this day seemed different.

"I heard she pushed Angeline down a flight of stairs." "She seemed so put together I wouldn't have thought she was so evil." "What do you expect she only ever talks to that succubus, that girl is probably going to sleep her way through school."

Morgianna could feel her anger rising. She did not care what they said about her, but now people we're dragging her innocent Olive into it. She marched up to the students that she heard the hateful rumors from causing everyone to go silent. The anger radiating off of Morgianna was almost tangible as if it could be cut with a knife.

"Excuse me, I do not believe we have met. Would you mind telling me where you heard those baseless rumors that have allowed you to defame not only mine but another student's name?" The words were hidden behind a polite smile but everyone knew that she was angry.

The boy in front of her was opening and closing his mouth, his eyes wide with worry. "I-I was told by Ruthanna that she saw you push h-her."

Morgiannas mouth curved into a devious smile. Ruthanna was one of the lackeys that always stayed near Angeline. "Tell me if I had pushed her, would I be present in class currently or in the disciplinary office? On the first day of class Angeline missed class because she attacked me so would I not also be forced to miss? The fact that you are spreading false rumors is offense enough for action to be taken against you. Ruthanna is one of Angeline's friends who is trying to cause trouble and you are the instrument she is playing. Before you say anything about me or my friend make sure you have the truth or I shall take it before the dean."

Everyone was in silent awe as she walked away with her head held high. Morgianna was just glad that Olive did not have to witness their ridicule. She felt ashamed that she lost her temper, but she would not let someone speak badly of her sweet friend. They could talk about her as much as they wanted to, but until she longer is standing she will not tolerate them disrespecting Olive.

"Would you like me to keep you company until your friend arrives?" Morgianna barely glanced at Thadeous, choosing to keep her eyes locked on the entrance of the courtyard. "Look, I know you probably don't want to talk to me or really anybody, so just listen. I know you didn't push anyone down a flight of stairs and I am sure the teachers and anyone who really matters also know." Morgianna was kind of thrown off guard at his clear attempt to make her feel better. She was almost expecting him to come over and give her a talking down to for hurting Angeline. After all, over the past weeks she had seen Angeline talk to the capture targets multiple times around campus.

Morgianna took a chance and peeked at Thadeous who was running his hands through his hair as if nervous. When he caught her looking she quickly looked away and coughed. "I appreciate it, but I am not worried about what they say about me. In the end, I will probably never see these children again once I leave this school." Thadeous was taken aback by her words. The way she spoke making him feel like she was going to disappear. He wanted to ask her what she meant but Olive and the teachers arrived making him walk back to his place on the grass.

Bartholomew and Silvus stood in front of the class, their faces complete opposites of one another. Silvus looked as if he had just won the lottery while Bartholomew looks like he had just been told that he was the one paying. "Today our class will be a little different than usual. We were informed this morning that there will be a contest of sorts... a way for the students to put what we teach into real-life practice. They have given us two months to prepare you, pick your teams, and then take you to the sight where the test will take place." Bartholomew turned to look at Silvus as if telling the man to pick up where he left off.

"The contest or test whatever you wish to call it will be taken in pairs of two. The week before departure we will allow you, students, to choose who you wish to pair with." Morgianna and Olive looked to each other excitedly already making plans for the future. This look was not missed by Angeline who had hidden to watch the show that was supposed to occur when the rumors spread. An evil glint flashed in her eyes as she too made plans for the future.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count before note: 966

Hey I know this chapter is much shorter than the ones I had been writing but I have been really busy as of late. I thought about pushing it off for a few more days until I decided to go ahead and post what I had written yesterday.

Angeline really is a snake and not even the cute little danger noodle kind. Morgianna cares about her friends, but will she always be there to save the day?

Vote and comment! <3