Little Red and The Not So Bad Wolf

Morgianna stayed seated afraid her knees would buckle if she tried to stand. "I am still sorry, and since you have made such a big vow. I will tell you... Some of it."

Kieran made no attempt to move away from her, instead once again lying on his stomach his head within reaching distance.

"I am unsure where to start. When I said that I died... that is true. I had not yet reached adulthood in my previous life when a friend was about to die I pushed her out of the way. One thing led to another and here I am. There is a girl who came here before me... But she wears a mask. Pretending to be a sweet and kind girl when really she is anything but." Morgianna shrugged her shoulders reaching out and running her hand across Kieran's soft fur. He tensed but did not move away.

Morgianna seemed to be in deep thought her hands treating him as if he was a pet. "All I can really tell you is that she will cause me many problems in the future, and the men that will be around her will also cause me problems. That is why I must avoid them... To avoid my death."

'Who are they?'

"They are people in power, I cannot carelessly say names... I could tell you they are all within a couple of years of my age though." She frowned as she thought about the future. "Later in my life I will attend a school and at that school they will be top tier. I by no means can be considered a small fry in this world, but even compared to them I am nothing. This girl will charm her way in and if I make even the smallest mistake it will be off with my head."

She continued to stroke his fur, it calmed the turbulent emotions that was ripping her apart. For the most part she tried not to think of the future. She knew each day could change everything. Kieran on the other hand was experiencing an all-new set of emotions. He, a prince was being petted like a common pet... and instead of anger, he was slightly happy.

He swiveled his ears checking the surrounding for danger. He never knew when his father would send his own loyal dogs to cause trouble for him and he did not want to get Morgianna involved. Hearing nothing but small animals scurrying around and the stream trickling by he internally sighed.   'Why do you not just try to tell someone about her?'

Morgianna knew a question like this was bound to come up and so she was prepared. "If I tell someone, who is to say they would believe me? If that person is trapped by her two-faced attitude then she could play it off as me trying to get people to dislike her for no reason which could cause me to die. She has this heroine cheat that makes people want to believe her even when she is a deceitful person. It is ridiculous that I am even supposed to compete." She huffed in annoyance. She had a lot of cheats herself but what is the point if the whole world turns on her?

'I am sure someone would believe you if they really knew you. They could judge your honesty themselves. You won't know until you try.' Biting her lip Morgianna stared at the black wolf. What he said was valid, but she could not get over her fear of failing. It was not even so much of hanging onto life... It was failing at saving lives.

"If later I feel I can tell someone I will. I really appreciate being able to talk about all this. I made a friend recently who I can tell most things, but even then I still have to keep secrets. I just want to one day live free." She removed her hand from his fur and reached up to run her hand through a beam of light. The sun was still high in the sky but she knew her little adventure needed to be ending soon.

She stood on stable legs and gave herself a congratulatory high five mentally at not wobbling like a newborn baby deer. "I must be on my way... Could we maybe see each other again one day? I cannot promise the exact days... but I enjoy chatting with you." She slightly blushed realizing she sounded like she was trying to hit on him and ask him on a date. She did not mean it that way but the words were already out there and she would embarrass herself more if she tried to take them back.

'I would gladly meet you again. I too have things that could affect my visits but I will try to see you again. Until then I will think about your problem and try to come up with solutions. Stay safe.'

Morgianna felt overwhelmed with happiness. She did not believe she deserved the kindness he was giving her but all the same she wanted to bathe in that feeling. She gave him another smile and turned back towards her home knowing that once Fafnir found she had left it would become her prison for a little while.

Kieran watched her leave not bothering to rise from his position on the forest floor. Every time she had moved he caught hints of oranges and the scent was still lingering where she once sat. He had not thought that there would be such a complicated problem in her life. He wanted to deny the whole thing and call her a liar, scream that it could not be true. Why would she fabricate such a story for a stranger and be willing to kill if need be to keep it a secret? The answer was obvious, it was the truth.

He stretched his paws out debating on revealing who he was to her. If the people had more power than a duke, it must be a prince or princess. Which ones though he had no idea and that made him unwilling to reveal his other side. Maybe he could wait until they were in school and see who she avoided and then he could help her against them. 'Why am I thinking such thoughts when I barely know her? Is it because she looks at me differently than everyone else? My father's burden.' He shook his head, as if to clear the thoughts from his head. He too should return before he is found lying leisurely in what his father deems enemy territory.

He rose slowly, stretching as he breathed in the remainder of the orange scent. He cast a slow look around and would have smiled if he was in his human form. She had told him she could tell he wasn't bad, but he was under no pretenses that he was anything but a wolf.

------------------
Alright this finishes up their meeting for a total of almost 3k words between the two parts. I am once again so sorry for accidentally publishing an unfinished part earlier! Please forgive me. 🥺