Lets be Friends

Morgianna had dragged Olive further into the maze. Her heart was beating so erratically that anyone within a couple of feet would surely hear it. She did not even look to see if Myra was following her mind only on getting answers.

"You are a reincarnated person, does that mean you came from earth?" Morgianna got straight to the point choosing not to mince her words.

Olive was shaking and looking around for an escape route. The gods and goddesses never told her to keep it a secret she was reincarnated but it can't be a good idea for people to know either. That is why she had never told a soul. Then here comes the villainess and she knows.

Morgianna watched as the girl's face changed emotions every few seconds. It went from fear to determination and back to fear in no time and it was amazing the girl did not give herself whiplash. "Hey calm down, you are overthinking things. I am not gonna hurt you, or even use it against you."

Olive took a step back at her words. "C-can you hear my thoughts?"

"Ohh I get it you think that since I'm supposed to be the villainess that I am a bad guy? Also no I cannot hear your thoughts but your emotions are clear as day on your face." She tried to give Olive a smile to treasure her but the later still looked at her suspiciously.

Trying to decide what she could say to make the girl trust her without risking her own neck put Morgianna in a stump. After all should this girl one day get a new villainess to be the sidekick of would they become enemies? Looking around to make sure they are alone Morgianna made eye contact with Myra. The woman was so quiet she had momentarily forgotten about her.

Using her telepathy to speak so that she did not freak Olive out more she began talking to Myra. "I am about to say something that I do not share with anyone. However I have deemed it necessary to further my conversation with Olive. I need you to keep it a secret... From everyone."

Myra was a little shocked that there was something that Morgianna had not shared with them, especially Fafnir. "I understand, would you like me to bind it in a magic promise? I would be unable to speak of it unless given explicit permission to do so."

To say that Morgianna was surprised would be an understatement. She would have thought Myra would question her about keeping secrets and tell her that Fafnir deserved to know. "No, I will trust you without the promise." She gave Myra a smile when she glanced over to see the old woman's surprised expression.

Looking at the still panicking Olive, Morgianna gave a slight cough to get her attention. "Look you can believe me or not but I'm not the bad guy. I am also a reincarnated person who was sent here to stop the would-be heroine from doing something stupid and destroying the world. Things are a little backward, but basically the girl is crazy." She stared into Olive's eyes trying to show the truth behind her words.

"Where did you come from then?" Olive seemed slightly less likely to run as she spoke but Morgianna could see she was not convinced.

"New York. Not the bustling city part but farther North. I was hit by a truck." She did not want to add the part about saving her friend as there was no reason to. As she spoke she could practically see stars in Olive's eyes. They went from guarded to star-struck almost instantly.

Morgianna did not even get to continue before a high pitched squeal erupted from Olive's mouth. "Oh. My. Goddess. I read about you online! I don't know why I didn't see it before you even have almost the same name. Everyone talked about how you bravely saved your friend and sacrificed your own life. I cried while reading it."

Olive was gushing as if she had met her idol and it made Morgianna extremely uncomfortable. "It was not a big deal... Is-is Liza okay?" She cursed inwardly when she asked. She had been in this world for 10 years and should focus only on this world.

"She was sad but she met a nice boy last I saw. I mean I did not know her as I lived on the opposite side of the country but she did seem happy." Olive's smile faltered. "To be honest I died because I was looking at the articles online at work and my boss came in so suddenly that it freaked me out. I spilled my coffee all over my equipment and electrocuted myself."

Olive looked a little embarrassed to admit how she died but Morgianna just offered her a smile. "Thank you for telling me. Anyway back on topic... Does that mean you know what this world is? What will happen?"

"Of course!" Olive was nodding enthusiastically. "I played the Time Watcher and completed a couple of the endings already. Aren't the capture targets so handsome?"

Morgianna smiled though it was forced. "One is my brother and are you forgetting that they are also my death flags?"

This made Olive pale. "Oh God. Nope nevermind they are not handsome, I take it back!" She was saving her hands frantically and if they were not talking about Morgiannas possible demise she would have found the girl cute.

"You don't have to take it back and can still find them handsome. I honestly do not know much about the game and what happens, only what my friend told me. So can I depend on you to fill me in since you have completed a couple of the routes?" Morgianna knew that the more information she had the better. She had lucked out the past 10 years to have few interactions with the capture targets but as they get older that luck would run out.

Olives gaze once again seemed to be filled with stars, her cheeks we're a slight pink and she was twisting her fingers. "Does that mean you want to be my friend? If so I would be very happy, it has been so hard since I came to this world and I do not have any friends."

Morganna's heart hurt for this girl. She had known some of the backstory that dealt with her adoption and her new mothers less than stellar parenting. "I would like that very much, now let us get back to the party since you are the host."

Olive practically bounced the whole way back to the gathering and Morgianna couldn't help but compare her to a little bunny.

Right as they reached the clearing once more, Morgianna stopped and turned to Myra. "I know we did not get off on the right foot, but we have been by each other's sides for a couple of years now. I'd like it if we could be friends. I trust you with my secret and I hope that one day you trust me."

Myra had purposefully kept her distance over the years but looking into Morgiannas earnest eyes she felt like a fool. She could not promise a friendship to form overnight, but maybe giving it a chance wouldn't be too bad.

_----------------_
Sorry for the short update. I may not be able to write the next couple of days and wanted to give you what I already have. There will be a second part to this where she will talk to Olive after the party and then Myra on the way home. Stay safe in these crazy times. <3