Surprise Attack

Morgianna had decided that everyone should meet up at the guild since it would be out of the way. She sent out letters to those she did not have a mental connection with and for her original group she told them telepathically to return to The Rose's Thorn. Days turned into weeks and Morgianna was starting to get nervous. If they had run into trouble and she was not there she would never forgive herself. 

Thanks to Silas, who only grumbled slightly when she requested everyone to stay here she and her allies would at least have a roof over their heads. Just as she as about to leave the guild to find her friends she heard a commotion downstairs. Rushing out of her room she ran down the stairs almost causing Killian to drop the papers he had in his hands. In the main room there were tents scattered about with all the tables and chairs stacked up against the walls. However, this sight had become an everyday view of her. What drew her attention was the people who had just walked through the door. Olive was out of breath as she drug Felix behind her. "Help! Someone help please, we were attacked on our way here and barely escaped with our lives. Angeline has discovered our location! We had just met up with Prince Thadeous and Prince Alistar when we were ambushed."

Pushing her way through the growing crowd of onlookers Morgianna rushed up to her friend and brother. Without even asking she put her hands on Felix and begged the magic to work quickly. "Where are they?" Her heart was in her throat, her fears playing behind her eyes as she imagined herself not making it in time.

"Sir Bartholomew and Sir Silvus are with them on the west side of town." Olive had tears in her eyes as she grasped Felix's hand for dear life. If Morgianna was not in such a hurry she would have teased her friend for holding her brotherly so desperately. 

Standing the moment she knew that he was alright she looked around her with eyes that held authority. "This is the person we have been waiting for, grab whatever gear you need, and follow after me. I will go first." She did not even give them time to say whether they would come. She had no time for cowards, they would either follow her orders or she would not trouble herself with them anymore.

Flashing out the door she pushed her magic to fly faster than she ever had before. Reaching the town limits in seconds she could smell blood. Not a small amount either, the air was thick with its coppery tang and did not bode well for whoever was bleeding. Looking around her she saw a mop of red hair lying face down on the ground and felt her heart freeze. Running over to him she saw him grimacing in pain as a pool of blood formed under him. She pricked her ears but could not hear any sounds of fighting and that worried her. Rolling Thadeous over she saw his stomach gashed open and leaking a black substance. She could see the pain he was in and needed to work fast so that she could find everyone else.

Once again she put her hands on someone in need of healing in less than 5 minutes. She gritted her teeth as she pushed the magic into him as quickly as she dared. After all too quickly could shock his system and do more harm than good, but she didn't have the luxury of taking her time. She needed to hurry to find everyone else, their lives could be in danger too. The seconds felt like hours as she snapped her head in every direction she even thought she heard a sound in.

Why was nobody following her? Where were those cowards that pledged their lives to save the world?! At least Silas and Killian would have followed so why was she out here all alone with her friend's blood covering her hands? The moment she felt that it would be safe to move Thadeous she cradled him in her arms and flew up in the sky wanting to get a better vantage point. However, she was not prepared with the sight that assaulted her vision. There was smoke rising into the sky from where the Rose's Thorn should have stood. Its normally towering height was nothing but rubble as she watched people running around as they tried to put the fire out.