Never Goodbye

After the incident with Salazar, the other council members claimed they had no prior knowledge of her plans. Since they had been her backers they were given the choice of resigning from their position on the council or being exiled. They all chose to graciously resign.

Faust and the young guard were quickly back up and moving around without much effort. While Faust had performed a selfless act in trying to save his mother he was still watched like a hawk, however, he did get to remove his handcuffs.

Now once again the entire Kingdom was gathered to say farewell to Morgianna and her group. Queen Eingana was dressed to the nines her crown glittering on her head as she faced her citizens with a smile on her face. Today Morgianna did not get that feeling that something was going to go wrong, instead, she felt light and free. She knew that there would be many trials ahead of her group but she would cross that bridge when she got there. For the next 2 weeks she was going to slowly head home, teaching Faust everything he would need to know to be a part of her group.

Later he would need to register at their guild, and of course be hired on as a guard at her home but she had a feeling he would fit right in. She already came up with the perfect excuse to take on one more guard. After all, how else would Fafnir and Myra be able to go on dates if she was only left with Alnwick? At least that is what she would tell everyone, it's not like she needed a guard, to begin with.

Queen Eingana's voice broke the silence. "Thank you everyone for gathering here today to see this brave group of people off. Without them we would be hiding in fear of Sora and her experiments. For years we have cowered in caves and forests afraid of making our lives but the bravery of this going girl, with my son and their friends, has ended her reign of terror. Before the fight I announced that I would bestow Morgianna the title of Princess and if anyone deserves it, it is her.  She is like the daughter I always wished I could have had. Myra, my dear I hope to one day be honored in calling you my daughter in law. You saved many lives in those caves by standing at the head and fighting for all of us." Myra was blushing from the tips of her ears down her neck while she tried to hide her face in Fafnir's side.

"Alnwick I did not have the pleasure of speaking to you as much as I would have wanted, but for fighting by our side you are welcome to return here any time." Queen Eingana put on a gentler smile as her gaze turned to Fafnir. "Lastly, but never least my son, Fafnir. On the day you were born your father told me that one day you would lead our people to bigger heights. He would be proud of you just as I am. You fulfilled your duties as a prince and know that no matter where you go, or what you decide to do, you can always call this home." Queen Eingana pulled him to her wrapping him in her arms.

Loud cheers went up all around them as the citizens cheered for their prince. Faust hid to the back out of eye, knowing his presence was unwanted by everyone except those who stood near him.

"Faust." His name rolled from his mother's tongue and sounded like a call to return home. He wanted to cry but refused to let the tears spill. "You are my baby boy, no matter how old you get. Life has been unfair to you, so use this new one to live freely. One day the kingdom will heal and forgive. Until then work on forgiving yourself." She pulled him close to her as well, moving his bangs out of the way and planting a kiss on his pale forehead.

There was no cheer for him as there had been for Fafnir, but Morgianna and her group as well as his brothers offered him genuine smiles. To him that was good enough for now.

With the speech concluded Queen Eingana told the citizens to return home or to their jobs if they were working. Finally with only the Royal Family left to see them off Morgianna moved to give everyone a hug. Family of Fafnir is family to her.

"Goodbye everyone!" Fergus waved as they prepared their departure. Finish stood beside him with a more reserved wave, but a smile that was no less genuine.

Morgianna gave them a grateful smile back. "It is never goodbye, only see you later.

...

While flying back they made several extra stops with Morgianna filling Faust in on things he could only speak to their group about. Such as her being a member of a guild, the fact that she met him in the dragon kingdom, and how powerful she is. There are a few other details that would have to be glossed over but she told him to tell everyone that she met him while traveling in the south. They would tell her family that he is Fafnirs long lost brother, which is true, and since everyone knew and trusted Fafnir his entry should be no problem.

"So you are saying that you as well as everyone in your group take jobs to kill people?" Faust had a look mixed with curiosity and disbelief.

Morgianna wanted to bury her face into her arms and scream. She had been trying for days to get Faust to understand what his immediate future would consist of but the man either was extremely dense or thought she was joking. "Not all the time, but yes sometimes we have to kill people. We take on jobs to help those who are being oppressed, or harmed. Through our guild we pick out a job and then after completion receive payment."

Faust looked deep in thought and Morgianna hoped this time the words she spoke would finally get through to him. "Well that still doesn't explain the secret identities and running around in cloaks and capes." Any hope she had died as those words left his mouth.

Fafnir who had watched their interactions the last couple days decided he would step in before Morgianna had a meltdown and killed Faust or passed out from holding in her anger. He could have swore he saw a vein in her forehead throb. "We keep out identities a secret so that people do not know who Morgianna is and where she lives. The job we do could put her family in danger. Therefore since your other job is to act as her guard if you are recognized it could also put her in danger we all wear disguises as well."

At the mention of putting Morgianna's family in danger Faust's eyes glazed over. His body trembling slightly he turned his body so that he faced Morgianna fully. "I still do not understand fully, and I know you have been trying your hardest to get me to but I am fine with the knowledge you have provided me. I do not need to understand it fully, if wearing a disguise will keep your family safe I will. I will not put your family through hardships as I had done my own." He bowed his head low until his hair almost touched the ground.

Morgianna moved closer and put her hand on his shoulder. "Hey, lift your head. As long as you follow our lead you don't have to worry about that. Plus I am not so weak that I would allow something to happen to my family so easily." She gave him a small genuine smile. She could see the pain in his eyes and hoped to one day see them clear and happy.

________________________
Word count:1336

I know it's not very long and Faust is not the sharpest crayon in the box. Or is it tool in the shed? Regardless he is trying and I wanted to show that he is not his past mistakes. He will strive forward from here on. I've also never been a fan of saying goodbye, it seems to final, instead I like to say see you later or until next time.

Hope everyone is staying safe!
Don't forget to hit that vote button ❤