The Final

Morgianna felt like the world had been drained of all color and she was only moving through the motions. For that brief moment after Angeline was gone she had let herself believe that she had succeeded, that everyone and everything was going to be alright. She had no idea where to even start looking for Eltarr. If it had been so easy to find him from the beginning then she would not have had to wait for Angeline to come to her.

"Hey, are you alright?" Morgianna turned slowly towards the voice that had become all too familiar to her. Death stood there with his black hair falling into his red eyes and his hands shoved deep into his pockets. Without his signature scythe he looked like a normal young man, not Death himself.

Without even realizing her body was moving towards him, seeking the comfort she felt by being in his presence. She should feel uncomfortable, scared of what being close to him entails but she only felt the warmth. He opened his arms an invitation that she wouldn't refuse in this lifetime. As she laid her head on his chest she breathed in his scent that could only belong to him. Before even reaching him she had prepared herself for a sickly sweet smell, like the flowers at a funeral or even a tangy coppery smell of blood but it was neither. Instead a warm comforting smell invaded her nose...it brought with it a feeling of belonging. "Shhh it's alright, I have you." Tears she did not even realize were falling were slowly wiped away while she thought about how she was too late to stop Eltarr from being resurrected.

"I was too late and now many will die. It will be my fault...I came here so that I could save people but...I failed." The tears fell harder as she held onto Death as if she were afloat in the ocean and he was the only person who could keep her afloat.

Death wanted to beat every person who had but these high expectations on her shoulders. He wanted to run them through with his scythe and take their souls to the fiery pits so they could wallow in perdition for the rest of time. "It is not the end yet, there is still time to save lives. You have not failed anyone if anything more is alive today because you are here. Where is that strong spirited girl who told me that if I wanted her friend's souls I would have to wait because you would not let them go so easily? The girl who literally looked Death in the face and laughed. Are you telling me you are prepared for me to take them after all that fuss?"

His words brought a sad smile to her lips. She had said and done exactly as he said. There had been several instances where she just was not willing to let those she cared about die when there was something she could do about it. As if the weight that had been dragging her down into her sadness was being lifted she wiped her tears away with the back of her hand and gave Death a cheeky grin. "I told you before...Over my dead body."

...

Days after Angeline became a magical nuclear reactor strange occurrences began happening in each of the kingdoms. Black wispy like creatures crawled up from within the ground and began attacking without prejudice all while moving in one direction. Reports poured in from everywhere and each of the Kings issued orders for people to stay in their homes and to not attack the creatures if they came across them but that did not help those who's homes stood in the way. It was like the creatures moved with a singular thought... to reach their destination while wreaking the most havoc along the way. They walked through homes and businesses alike without deviating from their path only leaving destruction in their wake.

Each of the crown princes had to return home to help their people but all left with a promise to return the moment they found Eltarr. Morgianna begged her brother and Olive to return home, even offering to send Fafnir and Myra with them to help keep them safe but they refused to leave her. After she had fixed The Rose's Thorn many of the dragons and whoever else was still willing to fight had been put up temporarily inside. The surrounding town had been cleared, leaving many without homes.