2 The Young Duckling

“The boys are practicing so hard.” Jennie bragged. “I could see them holding the tournament cup already.” She giggled.

“Yeah, they’re doing good lately.” Jimin commented.

“So, how’s that boy?” Jennie asks with excitement. Hearing the words my own head snapped up almost immediately. Jimin shook his head and gave his girlfriend a frowning look.

“Which boy?”

“Oh come on, you know the Jungkook boy? He’s all over the uni now.” She stated in a matter of fact way.

“Really?” Jimin asked and turned his head to confirm me. I simply shrugged my shoulders to confirm she isn’t lying. “Well, what do you wanna know about him?” He asked practically to both of us. Most of the time I forget he was studying neuroscience and could read faces and expressions. He must have noticed I was curious so he asked me too. Jennie shrugged her shoulders and mouthed ‘anything’ only to receive a slap at the back of her head from the male. “Both of you have boyfriends you know.” He started scolding like a mother as always causing both Jennie and I to roll our eyes.

“Knowing about a young duckling will not let us forget about our hot asses, isn’t it Charlie?” Jennie asked and I snorted while nodding my head. Jimin finally gave up and started blabbering about the new hot topic of the campus.

“Jungkook is my family friend. His father and my father are business associates in Busan and eventually we became friends.”

“Oo, he is rich.” Jennie added. Jimin sent her s nod and continued.

“Not rich, filthy rich.” he took a bite from the pizza slice.

“He has a girlfriend?” Jimin gave her a look but then again shook his head.

“No, he’s not a dating type.”

“Hey Charlie.” Someone shouted my name through the other side of cafeteria. I turned around and saw Jin standing by the entrance door of the café and looking at my direction. “Your boyfriend’s waiting outside.” He informed and started walking to the cash counter. “And yeah,” he called again as I stood up from my seat after bidding goodbyes to my friends, “you need to pay for the iced latte today.”

“What?” I frowned. The handsome senior nodded his head with a knowing smile. “Why?”

“My father’s gonna check the accounts today. I cannot risk it.” Keeping the frown plastered, I fished my backpack to take the money out.

“Here you go.” He shook his head with a smile.

“Thank you.”

As I stormed out of the café I watch Hoseok standing by Tae’s car and talking to him. Tae noticed me coming out and waved his hand from the inside of the vintage style 6-series. Hoseok spotted me too and flashed his sunny grin.

“Hey Charlie,” he opened his arms in dramatic way and I wrapped mine around him. He was gone Japan with his family for a week which seemed like years and being trapped in his arms includes in one of the best part of my life.

“Hi Hobi, it’s been long.” He released from the tight hug and checked me out from head to toe making me giggle uncontrollably.

“You look thinner than before. Isn’t Tae feeding you properly?”

“Stop checking her out hyung.” Tae frowned.

“Anyway,” Hoseok intervened, “I gotta go and say hi to Jin hyung. He’s been poking me the whole trip to talk about Japan.”

“Likely to be Jin,” I snorted and parted my ways from the sunny man and stepped in the car. Immediately I get greeted by a cute peck on my lips. Tae is very clingy and I love the fact sometimes. “So unexpected you came.” I commented and he gave me look of disbelief.