5 One Summer Love

I said goodbye to Taehyung and walked inside the library building. I don’t know what Jimin has to say, but I know it very well he was not pleased to see the small interaction between Jungkook and I. Clutching the straps of my bag tightly, I climbed up the stairs and walked towards readers’ section where Jimin possibly would be.

Jimin was there, sitting at the last table eyeing a random book waiting for me. I nodded head to myself and stumbled my way towards the table he’s sitting on. Hearing my footsteps, his head rise up and eyed me up and down. I cleared my throat and sat opposite to him. He ran his hand through his thick black hair and gave me a look of disappointment.

“What’s going on Charlie?” He asked. I averted my gaze from his burning one like a coward.

“What do you mean?” I mumbled in a small voice.

“Look at me while talking.” I bet if were not inside library he would be shouting at me. I peeped at him through my lashes and encountered his pissed look. “I’m seeing this since months. Do you even love Tae?” my eyes widened in surprise. I didn’t see this coming and was shook by my ground. This was the question I always feared for. I wasn’t able to answer him back, even I don’t know if I loved him or not or whether he loved me or not. I never knew this too. We never voiced out our feelings for each other, we were just together. “I think I got the answer,” Jimin’s voice brought me back from my thoughts, “and I’m afraid that’s the same answer from him.” Why I am not surprised? I thought to myself.

“What does this supposed to mean?” I asked after running my hands through my hair. He heaved a deep sigh and shook his head.

“I don’t know either. Why you both are even together then.”

“I don’t know. We were always there for each other and I guess for few moments a spark of feeling lighted between us. Love or not, I got zero idea but you know you could call it as typical classic teen story."

“One summer love.” He snorted and I couldn’t help myself but to join him too. “That was very long summer love you know?”

“Mm-hm.” He now leaned closer on the table and rested his chin in both of his palm as he eyes me curiously and with that cheeky smile.

“What’s with Jungkook?” he wiggled his brows. I gave him a disgusted look and leaned back in my chair. This guy was getting mad at me few seconds before and now was becoming a gossip chick.

“Nothing’s with him.” I lie.

“Oh come on. You can’t hide anything from me. I know something is going on.”

“You have evil’s eye you know.” I rolled my eyes causing him to giggle like a cute boy. I huffed and decided to be honest with him; after all he was the only lifeline I had left with. “Jungkook is different. I don’t know what makes him so much different, but he is. I am curious you know, to know him, but I am scared.”

“Scared of what?”

“I don’t know. I am scared of him I guess.” Jimin laughed at me loudly gaining few attentions from the readers around and apologised immediately after clearing his throat.

“You’re scared of Jungkook is gotta be biggest joke of the year. He is a little boy who is loved by everyone. He is harmless Charlie.” He smiled cheekily at me.

“You fool I didn’t mean it that way.” I threw a piece of paper that was placed on the table at him. “I know he is not a serial killer or what. But… I don’t know it’s complicated.”

“Fine, but why do you think he is different?”

“He is.” I showed him with hand gestures and he gave me a puzzled look. “I mean, he is kind of a guy who likes to be surrounded by people when you’d think he likes to be alone. He dresses like some runway model and has a big heart on painting. When you’d imagine him to be a dark themed guy, his house is colourful. He stayed surrounded by tens of people every second but still don’t date. Wait, is he gay?” I asked and Jimin just laughed.