19 Villian

“Unni?” I wince hearing Rose calling me ‘Unni’.

“You carry Yugyeom, I got Jungkook.” I said crouching down on the floor where Jungkook lays groaning and mumbling things that I don’t know. I watched Rose nodding her head as she helped Yugyeom standing properly. “Jungkook?” I call him loudly through the music playing through the environment. “Jungkook, get up!” I said trying to make him stand on his feet. This guy was surely weighing more than hundred kilos.

“Charlie?” he slurred. “Is that you?” his breath stinks of the brandy as I am successful in getting him up till his knees.

“Yeah.” I mumble and pass my hand around his waist trying to lift him up which I knew was an impossible task.

“Why are you here?” he slurred again. I am glad he is putting at least one per cent of strength to lift his body up.

“How much did you drink?” I asked.

“Not much… Jus a little biiiit.” He trailed off while I was dragging him out of the gates. Rose was nowhere to be seen, it was just us and the midnight roads. I made Jungkook sit on the bench next to the waiting area outside in cold as I find an alternate to get us some transportation. “I have my caaarrrr…” I guess he could’ve told me this before. Turning around, I caste my eyes on his wasted form. His face was all swollen, the coconut hair was like a bird’s nest now, spiking in every direction while his eyes were half way closed looking up at me with glassy eyes. Yeah, my heart skipped a beat.

“Where are the keys?” I cleared my throat before asking. Jungkook sniffed, his nose was red, his cheeks were red and also his ears were red. Was he crying? Well it doesn’t matters to me, was all I thought.

“One of my pockets.” He breathed out sighing in defeat as he hanged his head down. I understood what I need to do as Jungkook sat immovable on the bench hanging his head down. Scowling, I bend slightly and started to fish around his pockets. His leather jacket had more than necessary amounts of pockets, and I didn’t found it in any of them. Do I need to get through his pant pockets?

Shooing away all the alternate thoughts, I bend down and slide my hand on the front pocket of his jeans. It is a mystery how he always smelled so good, it waters my mouth almost instantly. Gulping down the waters, I checked his empty pocket. His slow and alcohol stinking breath fell on my face and I dared to give him a glance. I was right, he was looking at me. When our eyes locked with each other, I realised how closer our faces were. He was, as always tempting, but this time, I knew it wasn’t my call. He was never m call, he could never be. Jungkook was just like how I said; he was a winter flower of my heart, and just like the winter ends the value of that flower also ends. But it was Jungkook who forced me to let his value go and I can never look up to him like I used to.

I resumed my search for the car key until he stopped me by gripping tightly on my hand. I looked back at him and saw his eyes getting darker sending shivers down my spine.

“Jungkook, what are you doing?” I asked trying to retrieve my hand from his tight bruise giving hold.

“Why do you always push me away?” His question isn’t clear because of his tongue stumbling. “Why you don’t see me as the man who could keep you happy forever?” I think I should’ve felt pity hearing his question, but the time, situation and his episode from my birthday night, it was making the blood boil. I harshly retrieved my hand back and stood up straight glaring down at his drunken form.

“You can never become the man who could make me happy.” I declared. It was nothing but truth; I once believed that I could do anything for this guy, maybe the night at the park, or maybe the time when he cuddled so lovingly to me as if his whole life depended on me. I was ready to do anything for him, to see the smile on his face, but now, it is as if all those feelings have been washed away. “You hurt my feelings Jungkook, you made it all up like I was the villain, and it is me who keeps pushing you away. Can’t you see how much you have damaged me?” I don’t know why I was even doing this. He would probably don’t remember anything anyway, is all I thought.