28 Blank Canvas

I hate myself when I do unannounced and random updates!!! 😭

Just did it coz I felt like it!

*Jungkook's POV*

Charlie rests her head on my chest as I cover both of our naked bodies under the soft covers of the bed. I see her room isn't any different from that of mine, just the colour of bed sheets and sofa are different.

She sighs snuggling into my chest and hear my quickened heartbeat. My hand is protectively wrapped around her waist and other one runs through her messy hair to get rid of the knots. Her soft breathing falls on my chest and her chest pressed against my sides are telling me that her heart and mine have done synchronizing as they beat equally faster than required. I press a kiss on the crown of her head and I feel her smiling against my skin. I wish I could just stop the time.

"It was my grandma." I say in a lazy tone. Charlie's head snaps up and her curious eyes asks for my explanation. "She was the one who gave me the address of that field filled with violets." Her brows shoot up and I kiss her right in between her knitted brows making them fall back into their places and she smile contently. She rests her head back on my chest fluttering my heart with the smallest of the gesture and I begin to tell her the reason why I made that very painting.

"When you left Korea with Jimin hyung, I was left all alone in Seoul." She inhales a sharp breath and she was about to say something, but I refuse her to talk. "It was Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung who were left behind and they took care of me." I dwell on the topic quite longer than necessary. Charlie grabs my tattooed hand place them across my tummy and she begins to trace the tiger flower like how I did with the violets few moments back. "They were there for me almost my entire time in Seoul and if it weren't them, I don't think if I was able to get out of the university without failing." I chuckle. I know she had been through the same thing and it was Jimin hyung who took care of her.

"Once I went back to Busan after I was left alone. My grandma was sick. She lived in a village where I spent my entire fall without the care of my studies and university just so that I could nurse her. She refused to live under as same roof as where my step mother lived.

"Once she asked me that there's a flower field at the outskirts of the village. She said once she will be fine, I should take her to the flower field. She would drink some tea with me sitting over there." The corner of my waterline wells up again. Charlie stops tracing the tattoo and snaps her head up to look at me again with furrowed brows. "And she said if she won't be able to make it with her old age, I should get her ashes and spread them across the flower field." Charlie's eyes get widen, ready to hear what's about to come. "She couldn't make it." I bite back the tears and swallow them all inside. "And I did exactly how she asked me. She was a Buddhist follower, so she requested earlier long back that her funeral must be organised according to what she followed. I arranged it all in her village and did as she asked me to do. My step mother never showed up, and my father just came to drop some flowers." A single tear leaves her eyes and I quickly wipe them before they could fall down.

"I took her ashes and went to the address she provided me. When I reached there, I found the entire field covered in violets. While I was spreading the ashes across the field, I decided that I will make a painting of this filed. Violet is the same birth flower that my mother shares with you. And that painting is all about three women who are most important parts of my life. One took care of me since I was small and died right in my arms. The other one gave birth to me and loved me even though she was forbidden to. And the third one is the woman I love from my entire existence." She begins to shed her tears once again. "And violet is one of the winter flower and so the name of painting is." I continue to wipe her tears.