11 It Happens

I insisted Jungkook that I will take a cab. I was feeling bad, I felt like I was cheating on both the guys. It’s said that you can replace anything from your hear even your love, but not the feeling of guilt. Texting Tae I’ll be home soon I headed directly to home. I lied that I had sleepover at Jisoo’s. He was early to come back, he said he will be back after fifteen days but it’s been just ten days so I wasn’t really ready for it.

I entered the passcode of the house and the door fly open only to get hit by the smell of hot chocolate. I didn’t realise I was actually feeling cold until I was inside the warm house. I started to shiver vigorously.

“Babe!” Tae’s voice cheered loudly as he realised I’m home. He came running towards me only to stop on his tracks when he saw me standing by the concrete. His big boxy grin turned into a big frown. “Charlie, you okay?” he asked and I shake my head unable to utter a single word, instead I greeted him with a loud sneeze. “Shit.” He removed his big jacket and draped it over me, I felt warmer. “Come inside baby.” he mumbled helping me to walk inside the living room. “Sit here I’ll get you hot chocolate.” He said after making sure I’m seated well on the couch and ran in the kitchen. I should’ve taken the coat when Jungkook was offering me.

“You said you’ll be coming after fifteen days.” I said as he placed two mugs of chocolate on the coffee table.

“Why, aren’t you happy to have me so early?” he asked back making me go stiff.

“Of course I am, it’s just I wasn’t expecting you early.” I mumbled snuggling deeper into the warm jacket. He laughed and circled his arm around my neck to pull me closer to his figure.

“Hmm, I wanted to give you surprise coming early in the morning, but you wasn’t home.” His voice was always the thing that made me feel safe, the voice deep like an ocean, soothing every nerve in my body.

“Sorry Tae.” I mumbled snuggling into his chest.

“Don’t be sorry, it’s okay though.” He said and kissed the top of my head. “I wasn’t planning to come early either but I realised I missed you so much that I cannot spend any more time alone.” He sounded happy and I was confused. “Remember I told you about the figuring out thing?” he asked after holding me by my shoulders looking at me with a warm smile. I nodded my head and he exhaled loudly before continuing. “I thought that our relationship wasn’t working out but then I realised while I was actually figuring out that I wasn’t even trying.” He let his hand run over his blonde bangs. “And I came to a conclusion.” He said and I gave him a questioning look. He looked down before looking back up to me. I was not having a good feeling about this. He looked dead serious now and I get the idea something big was going to fall upon me. “I…” I never saw Taehyung acting so shy the only time that happened when he asked me out for the first time, “I love you, Charlie.”

Just like the senses destroying in my body, I felt different kinds of emotions attacking my body like sharp blades of a sword. Tae confessed his love to me and I was clueless about everything. I always had this thought than when a guy will confess his love to me, I will be the happiest girl in the planet, but currently my situation was a bit twisted. I was confused and the more I hate to admit it, but I needed to, I was confused between two guys, the one who was opening his heart for me and the one who confessed his ever longing love to me.

“Charlie, breathe.” Tae said breaking me off my trance and I exhaled the breath I held for quite a long time making me somewhat dizzy.

“I…” I was speechless and nevertheless, Tae smiles his angelic smile.

“Hey,” he held my face in his big hands and spoke in a calming deep and low tone, “I know I said it hastily even though it is so damn difficult. But you don’t have to push yourself. I don’t want you to give me same answer just like me I just wanted to tell you what I had in my heart. You mean a lot to me Charlie, and you know it.” He kissed the tip of my nose. “You can tell me what you feel once you figure out your own feelings.”