13 Lion's Den

-Present-

I stacked up my entire loony goony story in the diary I wrote after I went to states. I don't know why I did that, maybe to keep myself reminding that I should not forget what happened to me and what I did. My diary is something with which I need to get rid of.

I close the last page of my diary and look around myself. The house I rented is quite big for just one person to live, but I don't regret it, luxurious space, white walls and floor, white furniture, everything is so damn white, but I love it. I always find houses which are not colourful, colourful walls remind me of him.

The view outside through glass wall is of beautiful mountains and the sunset from my house looks magnificent. Cyprus is the third country I am working in, before I worked in Chicago, USA and Frankfurt, Germany. I thought that I have had enough of metropolitan life and need some peace at least for a while, so I decided to come to Cyprus. Most of the people would not think of coming here, hell many doesn't even knows it even exists. This small Greek country made me fell in love when I came here for vacation two years back.

I found about this country when I visited an art gallery back in Frankfurt. The artist painted the picture of Kyrenia Mountains. The mountain range is so beautiful, that it caught my eyes at the first sight and that was the moment I decided I will go to Cyprus for a visit but eventually ended up here. But unfortunately, I am here for just a seven months long research programme and later I will be shifting in Los Angeles.

Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, have little to nil population of Koreans here, the majority is Greek.

Anyway, I need to head to one of the famous art gallery here today since today, an exhibition is going to take place in there whose artist is son of my mother's friend. I have removed everything from my life that reminds me of Jungkook, but I could never remove the passion and obsession of art that he embedded deep in me. Till now, I have gone to almost thousands of art exhibitions and must have bought millions of paintings. The half of my salary goes in buying paintings. I buy them, not paint them, I cannot paint anymore, nor I could draw. The tendency of creating an art was snatched away along with few precious things that got snatched six years back.

Putting an end to my thoughts, my laptop starts to ring. I sigh and keep the diary away before looking at the screen only to realise I am getting a video call from my mother. Instantly, I answer her call.

"Hey mom." I greet her as soon as her face comes alive on screen. She flashes me her beautiful smile and waves her hand to me.

"Hey darling, how are you?" the background looks dark, must be night time in Korea provided the extra luminosity is radiating through the video of giant house my mom and brother lives in.

"Cool, how are you doing?"

"Good," she says while nodding her head. "You know why I called you right?"

"To remind me I need to go to an art exhibition?" she giggles like a child while I watch her sipping from her red wine. She is in good mood today. "Why are you stressing me up for it so much?"

"Well, there's something I and Jina have been discussing since a while." She uses a kind of tone that she uses when in need to explain something really very important.

"And... what's that?"

"Well," she sets the glass of wine on the table and continues, "few months back when I was in London with Jina, I showed her your picture." Okay, so I think I have a clue where this is going. "She liked you then and there and asked me if it would be okay if she will let her son see you."

"So what did you say?"

"I said, I need to ask you first an-"

"But you didn't." I don't let her complete the sentence. "You're telling me this the day when I am actually going to meet the guy?"