23 Red Velvet Cupcakes

“And this is the last stop I am gonna show you.” Jin informs walking ahead of us. “This is the pool area of this floor. And since the whole floor is for you guys, so the pool is.” My eyes widen at his announcement.

“What?” I shout and see the guard opening giant glass double door and the view of pool is open for us. “Had I ever mentioned how much I love you?” I say in a breathy tone letting my eyes roam all around the place in wonder. Jin chuckles at my silly question.

“No you haven’t,” he turns around and winks at me, “and now that you have, I will keep that in my mind.” I roll my eyes at his cocky comment while everyone in the group laughs.

“Shut up.” I scrunch my nose up in disgust and walk past him inside the pool area. The boys snicker in my back while I ignore them and stare at the giant pool ahead. All I wanna do is just dive inside and relieve all of my stress. The faint music plays in the background mixed with some bashful talking of the boys. I still need to buy the dress for tomorrow’s party.

Everyone decided that before going to bed for rest, we will crash on pool for an hour or so and by that time, few more friends from back in uni will arrive. I walk back into my assigned room and change myself in a swim suit that I intentionally packed in my stuff, because I knew this will be coming. Throwing a printed robe on my body, I sprint out of the room. When I enter the pool area again, I find Jimin talking with a woman. Narrowing my eyes, I walk closer to the couple talking and hearing the voice my eyes widen in surprise. Even though she is facing her back to me, but still I can catch in an instant she is none other than Jennie.

“Jennie!” I shout my lungs out and stick myself to her like a koala making her yelp in surprise.

“Charlie?” She asks back and I jump to her front. We both scream in happiness together ignoring the stares our friends give us. “I can’t believe this.” she squeals and so do I.

“Neither do I!” I say and we both collide for a tight hug. I just now realise we must have looked like those from the cheesy drama when two girlfriends see each other after a long time that I hate the most. But now when I lived in it, I realise why they do it.

“Oh, I missed you so much.” Jennie says not letting go of me. I just hum and when she let’s go of me, she doesn’t even gives me a time to breathe but pulls me back again in a bone crushing hug. I just laugh at her and rock us left to right until she also begins to laugh out loud.

“It’s been years since we did this.” I laugh sipping the cocktail. Jennie agrees with me.

“You are right.” She scoffs. “You were fast to cut ties with everyone.” She points making my smile fade in an instant. “I thought you did that because of my breakup with Jimin.”

“What?” I gasp and glance at her wide eyed. “No.” I shake my head instantly and set the glass of my drink on the concrete. “You out of everyone know that I will never do such a thing.” My hand falls on her shoulder and she just smiles faintly at me. “It wasn’t like I cut ties, I had reasons.” My voice fades into nothingness and my eyes fall on the blue waters surrounding us and so do my hand.

“Hey,” she chuckles and grabs my hand in both of hers, “I was just saying.” She smiles at me. “I was always in touch with Jimin even though we broke up. He told me everything and I didn’t want to bother you at your worst time. I just let it go and I knew someday or the other we will stumble upon each other and look,” she gives me a cheerful smile, “here we are.” Tilting her head to a side and smiling broadly, she gives my hands a squeeze.

“Aww, thanks babe.” I say and dive in to hug her. “And I am sorry for pushing you away.” I say and she runs her hand up and down my back.

“It’s okay.” If it wasn’t Jimin, I don’t know what or where I would’ve been.