15 Reunion

On Mama’s insists, today I am helping out Jina and Jungkook to hold an auction the upcoming weekend for his paintings here in Cyprus. Since the response from public during the exhibition was quite good and unexpected, so Jungkook decided that he will hold up an auction. I have seen Jungkook’s history after all finally that he is not very social with his works, he doesn’t let people buy his paintings easily and that’s the reason why many people aren’t familiar with his works.

It was actually Jina who forced him to hold the auction ceremony because she complains that even though his paintings are outstanding, they need more recognition and holding up an auction is a best way to do so. I am so much caught up in my work, that I am truly forgetting something very important. But what is it?

Jina and I are selecting paintings which could be presented for public to buy it. As she said she is Jungkook’s fan, even though she has suggested this at the first place but I could see sadness in her eyes as she selects paintings. This is so sweet. It is somehow reminding me of Mama Sara. I miss her so much. Even though I am forgetting something, but I shrug it off thinking that I will definitely recall it sooner than later and start to discuss about whole event with Mother and Son.

“What do you suggest, Charlie?” Jina asks eyeing the ten lucky paintings which are ready for foil packing.

“Um, I think we have sent invitation to enough collectors who were present at the exhibition.” I nod to myself and check the list written in notepad that Jungkook provided me. Why am I even helping him at the first place? Just because my Mom wants me to do it. But is it the only reason? “And I don’t think we have anything else to worry for.” I inform enthusiastically with a bright smile and Jina smiles back.

“That’s great. Thank you Charlie.” Jungkook says showing me his sincere smile showing of two bunny teeth which I always find cute. This whole man is a walking piece of cuteness, until he makes a sour face when Jina slaps the back of his head. “Mom!” he complains and the woman frowns.

“Where is your manners young boy?” the woman glares at him and I bite my lips to suppress the laughter waiting at the tip.

“What? She doesn’t likes to be called noona.” He says in a raised voice and Jina sends daggers in his direction. I cannot hold anymore so I start to giggle like a kid.

“How do you know?” She narrows her eyes at him and my giggles die down. Jungkook’s eyes widen in surprise and I save his life by interrupting them.

“Um, I told him last time we met.” I say and both of their heads turn to look at me.

“Oh?” Jina looks surprised and receive a nod from me. She throws an apologetic smile towards her son and he just shakes his head.  Just by the time as I was thinking how cute they are, I receive a phone call. Fishing my hand in my pocket, I find my phone showing Jimin’s number. I am surely forgetting something.

“Hello?” I ask feeling a bit unsure about it and instantly receive a yell from the other side.

For god’s sake Charlie, I have been waiting at the airport for over an hour but there is no sign of yours.”

“What?” I screech and stand up from my seat. Checking the date and time again in my phone, I put it back to my ears as the audience in front of me watches the chaos I am creating.

Great, you forgot again. Just like the last time.” He groans angrily and I know this is not gonna end up in a good way.

“Oh god, I am sorry Jimin. Please wait for few minutes I’ll be there soon.”

You better hurry up.” He huffs out and the line goes dead just like how I am going to be. I frown at the phone and look down at the two seated elites as they are looking at me with worried faces.