9 Runaway

“Oh hey Charlie.” Sehun greeted as soon as I stepped in his house. No wonder why I hate such parties, people would behave like immature kids after drinking. I flashed him a small smile out of respect and he guided me in. I was bound to come after receiving thousands of request texts from him telling me this was probably gonna be last party for all of us. Everyone was there except those who went their home in this half month holiday.

“Hey bean,” Jimin bumped his shoulder on me pushing me with a great force, “let’s grab some drink.” Without letting me voice out my consent, he dragged me by my arm inside the kitchen where drinks were available. He got us some beers and again dragged me somewhere through the crowds ending up by the pool. Pool in the night that too in cold is not a good idea but still people were swimming in it. Tonight’s weather was comparatively warmer than any other days even though the snow fall was in pause for few days so people were definitely gonna enjoy the pool party.

And there I spotted Jungkook, standing by the group of people in which I spotted Hobi, Yugyeom, Lisa and Jackson and rest all were some random students whose name was unknown to me, most likely for Jimin to drag me towards them. Jungkook noticed me coming and he flashed me a smile. I needed to smile back and I did.

“Unexpected of Charlie coming here.” Jackson commented instead of greeting me, great manners he got. I did all but roll my eyes at him and took refuge beside Jungkook that he visibly appreciated. His arm passed behind me to hold me by my waist and I swear I never felt this comfortable before. Maybe beer was putting my mind at ease, but I always felt good when he used to hold me.

The party went on out of my interests and I introduced Jungkook with few of my foreigner friends. At least some things were keeping me off from being bored. We stroll by the pool drinking from the can of beer where now we walked separately.

“You’re bored aren’t you?” he asked looking at me with half amused look.

“I don’t like going in parties like this.” I commented and he nodded his head.

“Then wanna runaway from here?” he asked sipping from the can.

“Would you?”

“Yeah, I am not enjoying it either.”

“Fine then.” I said and after finishing our beers we walked out of the crowded loud house. It was difficult to walk out. In the way many students would stop by to talk to either me or him or offer us drinks and we would struggle to keep our conversation short so that we could go out as soon as possible. And successfully we ended up on streets with bursting in a loud fist of laughter.

“Shit, I never thought running away would be this tough.” He said as we walked on the night streets to nowhere in particular.

“Where are we going?” I asked looking up at the sky and inhaling the fresh night air.

“Dunno.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“So you mean you asked me for runaway with no plans in your mind?” I gave him an annoying look while he nodded his head with that stupid grin.

“Isn’t it the meaning of runaway, to run without expectation or goal?"

“Unbelievable.” I mumbled shaking my head and walked away from me.

“Fine I know that was stupid but wait.” He ran to match my pace. My legs started to ache since I was wearing heel boots and provided I was standing throughout the party. I crouched down as Jungkook watched me and I unzipped my boots. Stepping out of it, my bare feet touched the rough ground beneath.

“You gonna walk bare feet?” he pointed as I stood straight holding the pairs of my boot in my hand.

“Yeah, or you’re planning to carry me nowhere in particular?” I asked in a sarcastic tone.