21 Winter Flower and Cherry Blossom

“How are you feeling now?” I ask Jungkook as soon as Jimin helps him sit on the back seat of the car. He flashes me a tight smile and instantly regrets when his wounds twitch making me scrunch my nose in discomfort.

“Better than before.” He mumbles and I send him a nod. Jimin climbs next to me on the passenger seat and I put the keys in ignition.

“I called Tae and he said he is home already.” Jimin informs and I hum to reply.

“I wonder what Jina will say.” Jungkook groans from behind at my remark. Jina and he have the relationship of teen and his mom, and secretly, I find it cute. Practically neither Jina nor Jungkook ever experienced the bond of mother and son. When Jungkook needed her the most, he was separated with his mother. It is a surprise that after being alone with bunches of other kids in a boarding school, Jungkook stood out to be the wise adult. Discarding the facts related to me, what drawn me towards him was the goodness in him. He is indeed a good person who happened to stumble upon me unfortunately.

As he said back then that he wants to live his life with his mother, he is living exactly the life he wanted. He wanted to be an artist, and look where he is today, and most amazing fact is he shares his success with his mother. And as expected, Jina panics as soon as she sees injured Jungkook and I swear if Jimin and I weren’t there to tell her it’s alright, she would be bursting out in rivers of tears.

“Jina, it’s alright. He just fell down the stairs.” Jimin lies straight on her face causing both Jungkook and I to exchange confused glances.

“Oh, my handsome son got so many bruises all over his face.” Jina whines walking hurriedly towards sitting Jungkook and taking his face in her hand to examine. I bite my lips hard to refrain myself from laughing. “Oh, it must hurt a lot right?” she asks with concern and Jungkook catches my sight of holding my laughter and he groans.

“Mom, I am fine.” He whines and gently takes his mother’s hand away from his face. “It hurts but it will heal soon, so don’t worry.” His expression turns all serious as he talks with Jina. Finally after a long struggle, she gets convinced her son is all fit and fine, and Jimin and I decide to take our leave.

“I’ll be there tomorrow at the gallery on time.” I say it to Jungkook and he just nods his head.

“Thank you again Charlie.” I smile brightly at him. I feel like he is telling me thank you for more than just one reason, but sadly, guilt and sorrow in his eyes never leave.

“Anytime.” I mumble and kiss on his fine cheek before dragging Jimin along with me outside before he could start hogging on cinnamon rolls.

Jungkook agreed with me on taking a new turn, even though he avoided his gaze for almost the entire ride, I am glad that he is up for starting over. I don’t know where this will go, whether we find peace together, or we gonna end up separating our ways, but I am all in to give it a shot.

It’s quite amusing to think that my long lost love from college is still invading my mind and I am trying to pursue it. I can be selfish for once right? But am I making a right decision now? I don’t want to fall in a pit again this time; I have had enough of dark times. I am going to live at least few of the days ahead to the fullest until I step my foot in LA.

“How are you feeling?” Jimin asks out of blue and I shoot him a short glance to find him looking at me.

“About what?”

“Pretty much everything.” I shrug my shoulders.

“I don’t know, today was a lot to take in. Yeah, I am a bit overwhelmed that my deep and dark secret is out in the wild,” I admit chuckling nervously looking ahead at the road, “but I guess, after all I have seen and done, I have to live with that.” Jimin sighs loudly hearing my answer. He surprises me by taking my free hand in his.