30 Goodbye

*Grab your tissues guys... Idk about y'all but I truly cried the entire day while writing this chapter. This was the most emotional chapter for me. I cried again while publishing it.*

And do read author's note at the end.

I still have no idea why Jungkook asked me to get all dressed up for tonight. His intention was clear when he said that he wants to take me out for once at least. The poor boy was looking too cute to say no, and here I am, wearing a black dress and heels for him and looking all good.

In so many ways, Jungkook makes me feel confident of myself. The way how he says he loves me makes it clear that he sees someone beautiful in me, not just a simple average girl who has his heart and it makes me feel special. His determination to have me ushers me to look good for him. It is kind of a self conscious I have that I feel towards him. Maybe because he is so fucking handsome and so much out of my league that I want to fit in his status, but whatever it is, as long as I have him, I am happy.

The self consciousness gets even worse when I know that I am two years elder to him and if people would point out to us being together, they will mention the age difference like the only factor we have with us. Two years isn't a big deal, sure, but I can't help but to feel that thing as a poking pin.

Even though he is possessive in his own ways, there are times when he acts like a small boy who needs guidance in front of me. Heavens dare if he'd show that vulnerability in front of anyone else and this is among those factors that make me feel special for him. I know there are times where Jungkook desperately wants to call me Noona and pass on every little discomfort he has to me like a scared little boy, but he knows he can't. I hate it when anyone calls me Noona or Unni. I guess I never wanted to grow old since I was a kid. Maybe because my heart unknowingly knew that I am going to date someone younger in the future. But I want Jungkook to feel so free with me that he could show me the worst vulnerable form of him, just like he did yesterday. I want him to open up to me in every way possible.

My thoughts get interrupted when I hear a knock on my door. I think Jungkook is very excited since he showed up earlier than the decided time. Raking my hand through my hair once as I check myself in the mirror, I skip happily to the door. As soon as I am about to greet him happily, I see Taehyung standing in front of me with a boxy grin of his.

"Tae?" He looks me up and down and his mouth hangs open. Well, I am not looking that good I know.

"Wah... You look so beautiful." He mumbles in astonishment and I feel my cheeks burning up when I hear the genuine intention behind his complement.

"Thank you." I mumble and give him aside so that he could enter the room.

"You are going on a date?" He asks directly and my eyes widen up immediately. Does it look so obvious?

"Um... Yes." I say awkwardly as he sits on the edge of the bed. I sit on the chair next to the bed and look at him. He is wearing sweats and I can't help but to notice a small bag in his hand.

"That's okay, I won't take much time. I'll be quick." He sends me a nod. A small pause of silence spreads between us until he decides to speak first. "Charlie look," I never liked the sound of this coming form him, "I am sorry for whatever I did back in Cyprus." He begins awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "I was angry. It's just that, I wanna go back to how we were; friends, like we were during our high school back in Daegu." This was the only thing I was thinking. "The times when we were together were the best moments for me, indeed, but it was me who realised about my feelings so late. I just wish if I sorted out my feelings a little earlier." He mumbles in a small voice while I hear a tinge of disappointment lingering in his voice.