20 Opening Up

“But I care!” Jimin exclaims loudly standing up on his feet as soon as I end up my terrific heartbroken story. I look up at him with blurry eyes and just great, I am gonna cry. “All these years, you have been caging up your pain just with the thought of finding peace. Why?” his tone turns softer by the end of his sentence. “Why didn’t you tell me before?” he frowns looking down at me. I set the now empty can of beer aside and nervously chuckle.

“It’s not that of a big deal.” His frown turns into an angry scowl.

“It is a big deal Charlie. Of course you will be disturbed after it, he assaulted you.” He raises his voice slightly. I never put it in that way. Did he really assaulted me and just simply walked away?

“Jimin, he didn’t. He was drunk and probably he doesn’t remember anything that happened that night.” I stand up too from my seat and hold his hand in mine. His angry eyes never leave mine. Is he angry upon me?

“Charlie, that’s what the thing is. He doesn’t even remember, and here you are torturing yourself for years under his dark shadow. And I, I was there but didn’t see how much you were hurting.” He seems like he will cry any moment. I immediately shake my head in denial of every word he is saying.

“No Jimin, don’t do this don’t blame yourself for my mistakes.” I pull him in a hug to calm both of us down. “You were just doing your job of being my best friend, and I wasn’t hurting, I was recovering, because of you.” I try my best to calm him down.

“But you didn’t.” he whispers and gladly wraps his arms around my body. “I saw you crying to sleep every night and thought that you were missing Mama Sara. And I was giving you the speech of destiny when I should’ve just punched Jungkook right on his face the moment I first saw him.”

“Jimin,’ I hug him tighter and place my chin on his shoulder, “you were there for me when I needed you. I was the coward to not to bring this up. And I am glad that I finally got to tell you this. A weight from my chest is relieved.” Jimin’s hold around me tightens.

“I am sorry for everything that happened to you.” He pulls away and grabs me by my shoulders looking down at me. “Whatever you did or you thought you did, you never deserved what you’ve been going through years. Just remember that. You were never an awful person. We make mistakes that’s natural, but you don’t have to suffer in your life for it.”

“Thank you Jimin.” I smile broadly at him. He smiles down at me and before he could say anything, he looks behind me and frowns.

“Taehyung?” my eyes widen and I turn around to see Taehyung standing by the French door looking at us. He looks angry and devastated.

“Tae…” he heard us? His eyes lock with mine and I see clear rage burning behind them.

“Tae, listen-”

“Stop, just stop.” He cuts off Jimin and backs away on his steps. “Stop defending him Charlie.” He shouts at me making me flinch. “You are making yourself look pathetic defending him.” he shouts and turns on his heels to leave us.

“Tae! Stop!” Jimin shouts back running behind him. I drag my glued feet to go behind them and find Taehyung running out of the front door. “Charlie,” Jimin turns to look at me, “get the car keys.” I nod my head and run towards the bureau to retrieve the keys of my car. As expected, Tae got himself a cab and he is definitely going to Jungkook. “He’s gonna kill him.” Jimin isn’t helping me much; he is rather making me more anxious.

Taehyung is right; I have defended Jungkook since years pushing the nightmare at the back of my head to let it grow its junks throughout my being. But do I have the courage to accuse him? The truth is that I love him. Even though the years passed by, my love never went away, it was there in my heart always, secured and protected. The more I hate to admit, the more I feel it on me; I was waiting for a miracle to show up in my life that could make me at least see him for just once.