7 Boy In Pain

“I think adding of a bit grey would give a lot of depth.” I commented holding my brush in my hands and looking at Jungkook for receiving any command. He just gave a simple glance at the river flowing and then looked at the palette.

“Instead of grey, mix the blue with black that would do.” He said and turned to complete the one he was doing. I was working on a contemporary live painting containing the picture of flowing river and rising sun while he was finishing his own creation that he named as ‘the story of mother and daughter’. I was making the copy of Pablo Picasso because I was not so bright enough to make my own creation.

“Jungkook,” I mumbled quietly receiving a hum from him, “can we call it a day? I am tired.” I groaned and dropped the paint brush on palette. He sighed and turned to examine my painting first then to look at me. I always get that shiver kind of thing whenever his dark orbs would pierce through my light ones.

“If you’re tired we can stop.” He said softly. I smiled and nodded reaching out for the discarding cloth he kept for cleaning our hands. I removed the paints from my hands with the wet cloth and kept it back on the white table.

“I never asked you this, but out of all the rooms this is complete white?” I asked eyeing the white walls.

“You know you are the first one to ask this question.” Surprised, I looked at him who was cleaning his hands now.

“Really?” I asked and watched him nodding his head with small smile.

“Yeah everyone would come to their own conclusion looking at the white walls of this room and honestly,” to make his answer more dramatic, he stepped closer to where I was standing, “you are the first one to enter this room.” His hands trapped me from both the sides as they rest on the edge of the table.

“Is this your sacred room or what?” I was burning on the inside because of the closeness we had. He was looking at me with so much of strange emotions that it scared me. He was close, dangerously close.

“Since you’re here you know how sacred this room is.” He whispered right on my ears sending shivers down my spine. This is not right, I thought to myself, even though my will was not letting me to protest. “Since the day I allowed you to enter this room, it became sacred.” He whispered. Even though what he said ringed in my head like a giant church bell, but I decided to act against it to play cool.

“Shut up, stop being so cheesy,” I pushed him by his chest to create an elegant distance between us. “I am going to make coffee.” I announced loudly and went downstairs to make us coffee. It had been two days already since Tae left to Daegu with Yoongi. Jungkook didn’t went I don’t know why, I think I will ask him. I thought to myself.

The scent of coffee brewing in milk is the most amazing and refreshing scent ever. Jungkook and I sat across the kitchen island on the stool as we talked about the paintings we need to finish. He said he had his cousin who owns a reputed art gallery; he would present his paintings there. He even asked me if he could keep the purple unicorn too and I gave him permission to. The exhibition must be sometime in coming April and few of the foreign artists would also come for the auction. This must be big for him, he could get recognition from big artists and his favourite painter was also going to be there, David Hockney. It must be great if a young painter like Jungkook could get recognition from a painter so big.

“Why you didn’t go home?” I asked simultaneously. I saw him being calm and collected as he sipped down the coffee I made watching some random video in YouTube.

“Home is not a place for me.” One of the few things I hate is if the person talking to me is not being straight forward, but since it was him, I was going easy on him.