Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE

They can take your world. They can take your heart. Cut you loose from all you know. But if it's your fate, then every step forward, will always be a step closer to home.

The story begins on a world with many islands with white buildings, surrounded by miles and miles of ocean. Long ago, after the fall of Daybreak Town, the surviving Dandelions joined together to continue their training on their sister world, Scala Ad Caelum. No one knows who made this place, or how long it's been here. However, this was originally a safe haven for Keyblade wielders before the war. Now, only a few hundred are allowed here. Among them, were two students. They were the younger versions of Eraqus and Xehanort. The two were playing a game of chess and having a conversation.

Eraqus

Xehanort

Xehanort

Xehanort: have you heard of the ancient Keyblade War?

Eraqus: huh? Of course I have.

Xehanort: long ago, Keyblade wielders waged a war over the ownership of light.

Eraqus: yeah, the Master's favorite story.

Xehanort: I wonder what they planned on doing with Kingdom Hearts after... making it appear.

Eraqus: who knows? I don't get why anyone would initiate a war.

Xehanort: so... you know the "Lost Masters"?

Eraqus: who?

Xehanort: they're the ones who started the Keyblade War.

Eraqus: never heard of 'em, Where'd you hear about that?

Xehanort: or... they're the ones for whom the war started.

Eraqus: I'm not following you.

Xehanort: you can drop the facade.

Eraqus: facade?

Xehanort: "On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire." A prospective Keyblade Master should know this.

Eraqus: if you say so.

Xehanort: (looks up at the Keyblade on the wall) The Gazing Eye sees the fate of the World. The future—it's already been written.