Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)

The scene picks up where they left off, with Nero, Dante, and Team Light looking face to face with Vergil. While the others were shocked, Dante looked ready to fight. Vergil then looks down at the ground, and picks up his poetry book, one of the few things he cherished since he was a boy.

Sora: Arc, who is this?

Arcturus: Vergil, Dante's twin brother. They've been fighting each other since they were our age.

Donald: is he dangerous?

Arcturus: as Sephiroth.

Dante: ya got some pretty big cojones for comin' back. Just don't know when to quit, do ya!?

Dante charges to attack, but Vergil is able to easily overpower Dante, attacking him only with Yamato's scabbard and launching Dante in the air as he throws the scabbard back at him and is able to catch it, launching him back a little. The others look in shock and Sora tries to tone down the situation.

Sora: Dante, maybe you should—

Dante: get out of my way, Sora!

Dante charges to attack Vergil again, but he moves fast enough to lock blades. The sons of Sparda are now in a stalemate.

Vergil: defeating you like this has no meaning.

Dante: c'mon, Vergil. Let's do this!

Vergil: heal your wounds, Dante. Get strong. After that, we'll settle the matter.

Vergil overpowers Dante again, launching him to the ground with his scabbard then Yamato. Everyone watches Vergil open up a portal with Yamato. Before he enters, he looks over his shoulder to them.

Vergil: thank you, Nero. (Exits)

Dante: dammit!

Axel: he's fast. Only Arc and Roxas could go that speed.

Naminé: where's he now?

Clara: he's at the top. The real top this time.

Nero's: if that was your brother, what happened to V?

Dante: he returned... to himself.

Mickey: like a heartless and a nobody.

Dante: (turns and walks away) go home, guys. This doesn't concern you. Especially you Nero.

Nero: (follows him) like hell! lost my right arm because of him!

Dante: this is not your fight. I need to stop him, and that's all that matters.

Nero: I'm not gonna let you have all the fun, Dante!

Kairi: and we have to help. This more than just some sibling rivalry between you two.

Dante: (turns to them) you don't get it!

Nero: (scoffs) lemme guess, I'm dead weight? You can shove that—

Dante: that's not it, Nero.

Nero: what is it, then!?

Dante: he's your father!

Team Light: HUH!?!?

Nero: what!?

Dante: (after a moment) I had the feeling, the first time I saw you, but I just wasn't sure. And then I saw how the Yamato reacted...and I was certain. He's your father. Now, he needs an ass-kicking... But I can't have you kill your old man.

He gives Nero a pat on the shoulder before walking away. The others were than shocked at this news.

Sora: he's Nero's...father?