Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP

The scene begins with Axel siting at the hangout spot in the timeless forest. He and Kairi have been training for quite a while, and are just about ready to head back to the others.

Kairi: hey Axel.

Said pyro turns around to see Kairi in her new outfit. Now she was in a pink sleeveless dress-like hoodie with silver buttons, black boots, a plaid pattern on one side of her skirt, and her hair was cut shorter.

Axel: hey. Liking the look. Cut your hair, too.

Kairi: mm-hmm. So, you gonna try yours on?

Axel: (looks at his coat) uhh...I dunno. Maybe later.

Kairi: but you always wear the same thing.

Axel: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is how you pick me out of the crowd. I make myself easy to remember.

Kairi: how thoughtful. (Sits beside him)

Axel: nah, not really...

Kairi giggles a bit before they looked back at the sunset.

Kairi: our training's almost finished.

Axel: yeah...

Kairi: (places a hand on her heart) somewhere inside me is Naminé. If we can free Roxas, we can free her too.

Axel: I guess so.

Kairi: Naminé was made when Sora freed me from his heart. So, now that she's a part of me again, I figured all was right. But she can't look at this forest, feel the wind on her face, none of it. And if she could, it would be different for her. (Short pause) her time was short, but she lived it, and that makes it hers. What right did I have to take those feelings and experiences back? They don't belong to me. Nothing's as it should be. Not for her or Roxas.

Axel: (small sigh) I know. (Beat) way back when I was a kid, I met this other weird kid. Somehow we became fast friends. Never saw him again—nearly forgot about him, too. Then, I met Roxas. Couldn't believe it. The two of 'em were identical. Oh, I didn't tell Roxas. Didn't want him to go vanishing on me, too. (Pause) the kid's name was Ventus. He's one of the lost Keyblade wielders we're looking for. Think he still got me memorized?

Kairi: (smiles and points to her head) oh yeah. Very memorized.

Axel: (chuckles) now that we're goin back, I'm worried about everything.

Kairi: well, you don't have to worry alone anymore, Axel.

The two then just decided to sit in silence and enjoy the sun set.

*DARK WORLD*

With Riku and Mickey, they were fighting the Demon Tide again. This time, however, they were armed with their new weapons and gear and were progressing better than before. But soon, Riku was knocked aside and Mickey was taken by the Heartless, dropping his weapon and Riku was struggling to stand. Needless to say, things we're looking good.

*TWILIGHT TOWN*

Just outside of town at the haunted mansion, Ansem and Ansem the Wise had exited a corridor and entered the mansion courtyard. Unknown to them, the Twilight Trio had seen them from behind.

Pence: it's about time!

Hayner: (covers his mouth) heeey, shut it! (Removes hand) c'mon.

The three snuck closer behind the gate and Ansem the Wise stopped walking and was lost in thought. Ansem hears this and turns to face him.

Ansem: what now?