Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)

The scene picks up with the gang going through more of Sonic's past, gathering the areas again and restoring them back.

Classic Tails: you've brought back quite a bit of this world. You're doing great guys.

Yasuke: indeed, but we're still missing more and more of it.

Another rumble occurs and the creature they've dubbed as the Time Eater appears again.

Sonic: watch out!

They all duck and the Time Eater flies past. A colorless Chaos Emerald is visible nearby Planet Wisp, and the Time Eater flies into it, but is repelled by a surge of energy. It appears to be in pain for a moment, then disappears into another Time Hole.

Arcturus: fucking hell!

Ruby: as long as that monster keeps showing up, we'll never get out of here.

Blake: (notices the emerald) but it was effected by that jewel. Isn't that one of the Chaos Emeralds?

Tails: it is, Blake. Looks like they were effected by the space time pull.

Classic Tails: hmm... if you guys use the same technique to pull our friends back, could it work on the emeralds?

Sonic: only one way to find out.

He and his younger self sped through the world and when they returned, the emerald glowed and returned to its original color.

Sonic: it worked!

Arcturus: nice! If this is here, then the other six have to be, too.

Yang: then let's do a "speed" run through this.

Yasuke: ... -__-...

With their new objective, they help rescue more friends and gathered the emeralds. During one of them, Sonic does his air boost to catch it, and Classic Sonic's amazed.

Sonic: pretty slick move, huh?

Classic Sonic: yeah. Where'd you learn that?

Sonic: years back. It wasn't easy, but I kept practicing and got the hang of it.

Classic Sonic: cool!

They moved on and fought more enemies. Along the way, they learned more about Yasuke. Where he comes from, he's the son of the fighter, Sub Zero, he was trained by Eraqus as his first student before he left to train with his grandfather. He also talked about his friends, and revealed that Cronos killed his mother when he was young. When saying that, Arc gets a painful flashback, seeing a woman defending a young Yasuke from something, and ends with the woman getting stabbed in the heart. This confirms that it's true.

In one place, it was different from what Sonic has seen. It resembles a Scandinavian forest with a snowfall, and a stone pillar with writing on it.

Sonic: what's this place?

Arcturus: you've never been here?

Classic Sonic: never. Then again, I've never been to a lot of these places.

Ruby: it might be a place from one of our pasts.

Yasuke: I've never seen this. (Looks at the writing) Arc, what does this mean?

Arcturus: it's Old Norse . It says "only one who is brave against the trials of Hróðvitnir, shall claim their path to their fate."

Sonic: Hro-what?

Blake: Hróðvitnir. It's another name for Fenrir, the great Wolf Giant from Norse mythology.

Yang: please don't tell me we have to fight giant wolves.