Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1

The scene starts off with Sora and Riku sparring. Since it's been a while, the boys decided to train to test each other's skills and get better. They were trading blows and moving fast until Sora pushed Riku back and the two stopped to catch their breath.

Sora: (chuckles) score for Sora! I'm up one.

Riku: who taught you how to count? We're even.

Sora: (sits down) you know, I'm starting to think this thing between us is never gonna end.

Riku: maybe. (Smirks) we got plenty of time.

Sora simply chuckles and the two stand back up into fighting positions. They wait for a moment and with battle cries, rushed towards each other and began clashing again. They locked blades and were pushing each other until they hear the doors opening and they relax and see Kairi entering.

Sora: hey, Kairi. What brings you here?

Kairi: heard fighting from the main room and wanted to see what you two were up to.

Riku: nothing serious. Just us having a friendly sparring match like old times.

Kairi: like you used to when we were younger?

Sora: sorta. We were also training. If we're gonna be fighting Xehanort's Organization, the Black Dragon, and the Four Horsemen, then we'll need to be ready for anything.

Kairi: in that case, (summons Destiny's Embrace) let me show you what I've learned.

Nodding in agreement, they took turns sparring each other. Even though Sora and Riku have more experience, Kairi was able to hold her ground against them. Thanks to the pocket dimension she was in with Axel, she's had a long time practicing. When they finished, they were tired and took a few water bottles out and relaxed a bit.

Sora: (to Kairi) you're pretty good.

Kairi: thanks. Merlin's timeless forest really helped Axel and I get ready for the battle. This time, I'm fighting besides you guys.

Riku: we wouldn't have it any other way.

Sora: yeah. (Beat) you know, it still feels like yesterday that we were kids wanting to explore the outside world.

Riku: yeah. We've come a long way since then. Everything was simple back then; build a raft, sail as far as we could, see new worlds and meet new people.

Kairi: now things have changed for us. We're looking for our lost friends, we've teamed up with a speedster with the power of a god, and we're fighting to save the universe. It's a little overwhelming.

Sora: it is. But, it's what we have to do. And don't worry, we'll find all four of our friends and bring them back.

Riku and Kairi: (confused) four?

Sora: yeah. Ienzo said there's another heart inside mine, and they've been there as long as Roxas has. I don't know who they are, but they could be someone connected to Roxas, and maybe even Naminé.

Riku: maybe.

He looked towards Sora, but for a moment, instead of Sora, he saw Xion instead. He's in shock and something begins to trigger in his memory. While Sora, Donald and Goofy were asleep, Riku had become a spy to keep track of the Organization's plans. During that time, he was struggling to control his darkness, and had wore the black coat and a blind fold as a way to maintain his original form. He met Xion, and at first they were enemies, but he soon became a mentor to her and helped her. Unfortunately, because he had a connection to her, his memories of Xion were erased and now barley even a dream.