Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH

The scene shows a back door opening, and Riku entering a restaurant. After Midgar, they thought their best option to find the fourth horseman, was through the World Lion Turtle. He positions them in the direction of one world where it was crawling with reapers. But, they didn't do anything, just stood still, waiting for orders. After some searching, Arc managed to find him in a pizza restaurant. He offered to go, but Riku said he would go in.

Now, said master was carefully and slowly making his way to see the man. His Keyblade was in hand just incase, and as he walked, he sees the staff and customers all dead, except for one man. Riku then gets ready for what'll happen next, when his hand starts to feel warm. He looks down and sees the grip handle on his blade was heating up. It became too much, and he drops the blade on instinct. He then looks up to see it on the table besides the man.

???: I was there when the X-Blade was first create. I often don't pick favorites, but it was by far one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. Since then people made different versions of it, in an attempt to replicate its power. But, compared to the original? These are nothing but toys for children to play with. (Beat) join me, Riku. The pizza's delicious.

Still a bit nervous, he slowly walks over to the table and sits across from the man. He got a better look at them, and saw he had pale skin, black dull eyes, black spiked hair, and was wearing a suit as the coat was hung up. And on his right hand, was the final ring. It was Death himself.

 It was Death himself

Riku: you're... you're him.

Death: I am Death. What? We're you excepting me to be a skeleton with smoke, wearing a black cloak, and carry a giant scythe?

Riku: not really.

Death: those are the more dramatic versions of me. (Beat) it's about time you found me. I've been wanting to talk to you.

Riku: I won't lie—there's mixed feelings about that.

Death finally looks up at him, and despite still being alive, he couldn't help but feel a full sense of dread and fear from this being. Especially since he shows no ounce of emotion.

Death: I'd tell you to be calm, but... (takes a sip from his drink) you have every right to fear me. This is just one small world, in one tiny solar system, in a galaxy that's barely out of its diapers. I'm old, Riku. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you. (Serves a slice to him) eat.

Riku takes a moment to consider it. But not wanting to be a rude guess, especially to Death himself, he grabs a fork and knife and cuts a piece and eats it.

Death: it's good, isn't it?

Riku: (mentally agrees) well, I gotta ask. How old are you?

Death: as old as Kingdom Hearts. Maybe older. Neither of us can remember anymore. Life, death, chicken, egg. Regardless—at the end, I'll reap it, too.