Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

The scene shows something spinning in the air, and then plants in the ground. It was Xehanort's Keyblade, joining the other blades in the Keyblade Graveyard. Someone picks it up, and admires it.

???: finally, back where it belongs.

Then, the path ways began to become mirage-like, and soon four of the Fortellers appeared and approach to a hooded man and stop.

Ira: did you summon us back?

???: yep.

Ira: (looks at the Keyblade) is that you, Luxu? You look diffrent.

The hooded man takes his hood down to reveal his face to be none other than Xigbar, now revealed as Luxu

Xigbar: haven't heard that name in a long while. These days they call me Xigbar, but, hey, whatever suits you.

Invi: is it... really you?

Xigbar: yeah. But some time ago, I had to cast my old form away. Been through plenty more semblances since, but it's still me underneath it all.

Aced: what happened? Why are we here? You tell me.

Xigbar: I had a role to play. And after all these years, it's done.

Invi: what role?

From the distance, Pete and Maleficent watch the five before going. Xigbar then looks around to see one of the Foretellers missing.

Xigbar: I guess Ava couldn't make it after all.

Gula: meaning what?

Xigbar: I told her, clear as day, what it is I have to do.

Gula: and is that why you decided to exclude her?

Xigbar: as if. Ava had her own mission and she carried it out.

Aced: I've heard enough! Luxu, what was your role?

Instead of answering immediately, he smirks and looks down to the black box, the real black box, next to him.

Xigbar: I hope you like long stories.

*PAST*

At Scala ad Caelum, Eraqus and Xehanort watch from a window and Xehanort look at the chess board. Laura then closes her book and gets up.

Eraqus: heading out already?

Laura: yep. I have to meet with my master, and check out a new book.

Xehanort: still able to meet us in the courtyard for sparing?

Laura: (smirks) if you want me to kick your ass again. I know Hermod would love fighting me.

Eraqus: still not letting that go, huh?

Laura: nope. (The three chuckle) well, later guys.

Laura then leaves the room, and the two stay in silence. Until, Eraqus then has remembered something.

Eraqus: oh. Right.

He picked up the two pieces and starts to place some pieces on Xehanort's side of the board

Xehanort: what's this?

Eraqus: I heard about this new game.

He finished placing the pieces and Xehanort look to see Eraqus has put seven black pieces on the board. Their pieces were a unicorn, a snake, a bear, a leopard, a heart with wings, and two more that couldn't be made out.

Xehanort: seven black pieces. And?

Eraqus: (picks up the crown piece) just watch....

He places the piece on the board as the screen cut to black.