Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)

The scene shows Sora, Kairi, and Riku arriving to their designated world. It was similar to Timeless River, but more colorful. The items had landed somewhere around here, and they needed to find them.

Sora: man, this world's so similar to Disney Town in the past, but not in black and white.

Riku: it definitely gives off that old-school cartoon vibe.

???: (scream) help! Someone help!

Kairi: what was that?

Sora: trouble.

They run to the source, but were surprised at what they saw. Now, they're used to seeing odd people in worlds like this like ducks, dogs, horses, mice, and a few other things. But the last thing they expected to see was three cartoon like characters with cups for heads.

Cuphead, Mugman, Ms. Chalice

The three were surrounded by Heartless and appeared to be struggling against them

The three were surrounded by Heartless and appeared to be struggling against them. Acting immediately, the trio summon their weapons and went in to help.

Sora: we got this. You guys find some cover.

Cuphead: huh? Who are you guys?

Riku: we'll talk later. Get to safety.

Still confused, Mugman grabs Cuphead's hand and they and Chalice went off. The trio then spent a couple minutes defeating them and met up with the three cups again.

Cuphead: thanks for helping us.

Sora: no problem. The Heartless are always causing trouble.

Ms. Chalice: Heartless. Is that what they're called? I've never seen them before.

Mugman: yeah. They're even worse than the enemies we've been fighting.

Kairi: you guys fight monsters?

Cuphead: kinda. My name's Cuphead.

Mugman: I'm his brother, Mugman.

Ms. Chalice: and I'm the Legendary Chalice. But you can all me Ms. Chalice.

Sora: nice to meet you all. I'm Sora.

Riku: Riku.

Kairi: and my name's Kairi. (Beat) what did you meant when you said "kinda?"

Ms. Chalice: ask these two. They did something really stupid.

Sora: huh?

Cuphead: (nervous) we...kinda made a deal with the Devil.

Trio: what!?

Mugman: Cup and I went down to the Devil's Cusino and played craps. We were winning, enough for the Devil himself to come by. He then made an wager with us; if we win, we get all the money in the cusino. But if we lost, then he'd get our souls.