Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)

The scene opens up to the team in a Qliphoth tree. They got new intel from Sentinel and Lightning about their friends at Devil May Cry dealing with the tree. However, timing was a bit weird, and they arrived to before Arc met Dante on the first mission. Anyways, they were wondering through it with a young man with short white spiked hair, a blue coat, a large sword on his back, and a right mechanical arm.

Nero

Sora: (sniffs and gags) aw man, this place reeks

Arcturus: that's the Qliphoth for ya. Not idea what this is made of, but it's soul purpose is to collect human blood. And a lot of it.

Nero: this thing's been up for a couple months, and it's still growing.

Roxas: so, why we're we called?

Nero: while Nico and I were on our way here, we met some of those Heartless, Nobodies, and Soulless you guys are famous for killing.

Donald: course we are. We're heroes!

Goofy: true that.

Kairi: you also mentioned about a leader to the demons. A demon king?

Nero: this thing apparently doesn't have a name, but V calls him Urizen. Don't know who he is, nor do I give a damn. All I need to know is I got a score to settle with this bastard.

Yang: alright then. Where do we find Urizen?

Arcturus: well, somewhere in this thing, the blood's going somewhere. I think our best move is to follow the blood.

Nero: whatever gets us closer.

Nodding in agreement, everyone begins to head to the source of the tree. Throughout it, they see it's filled with broken buildings, cars, and streets. Not to mention, the things they encountered were even stranger as the group, except Arc, had no idea about what demons looked like.

They fought and moved their way through the tree, collecting chests, fighting monsters, and even more emblems. They soon reach what is described as fast travel with a pillar of blood. A few of the more squeamish teammates were not happy going through it, but came along anyways.

Weiss: (picks blood from her hair) it's official: out of all the places we've been to, this is the grossest.

Riku: we'll shower when we get back.

Arcturus: well, lucky for us, we've arrived closer to the lion's den.

Nero: good, finally made it. Now, about that payback.

Mickey: okay. But first, we should gear up.

Nero then finds a pay phone that despite looking worse for wear, was still useable. He calls someone and soon finds a magazine to read. And since it would be a little while, he asks the team questions like where they come from and what they're fighting against. Since DMC has history with Future City, they were open with pretty much everything and told their whole situation with Organization XIII and how they have to stop them.