The next day

Presley

I woke up and made my way downstairs. My brothers were up and eating. I walked over to the coffeepot and poured a cup of coffee. I sat down in between Parker and Paxton.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Payton asked.

"I don't know," I answered, shaking my head. I felt in a daze. "I don't know how to feel."

My brothers looked at me as Shaun and Britt came into the kitchen.

"It feels as if I'm in a nightmare that I can't wake up from, and it terrifies me," I whispered, looking at my cup.

"It's a stage of grief," Pax mentioned.

I sat there and placed my hands on my face as I cried. Parker wrapped his arm around me, offering comfort.

"What are everyone's plans?" Payton asked, taking the attention off me. Payton didn't do it because he wants to ignore my grief; he did it to keep things regular.

"I have to work at the bakery and thought Presley would come to keep me company," Pax offered.

"I think that's a good idea," Payton agreed.

"What do you say, little brother? I can show you a cake I'm designing," Pax mentioned.

I nodded as I wiped my face.

I took a shower and got dressed. I went with Pax to the bakery, saying nothing. I didn't want to talk. We went into the bakery, and some guys were standing around the front counter. I followed Pax as we went into the kitchen.

I stood there as Pax sat down in a chair. I watched as he worked on a cake. I don't even know why I was here. A guy came into the kitchen.

"How's it going?" The guy asked Pax.

"Good. Oh, Nik, this is my brother, Presley," Pax introduced us. I shook his hand.

"Pax told me about you," Nik mentioned.

"That's okay because Pax told me nothing about you," I replied.

Pax glanced at me.

"Yeah, I was like you," Nik mentioned.

I looked at Nik.

"Angry," Nik added.

I didn't need a lecture from a stranger. I left the kitchen and walked to the entrance of the bakery when four guys stopped me.

"We haven't introduced ourselves. I'm Leo. That's Xavier, Zane, and Angie," the guy said to me.

"Yeah, I don't care," I replied, trying to move past the four guys. They blocked my path.

"Oh, you'll care because you're leaving with us," Leo said with a look.

I furrowed my brows as Nik helped escort me out of the bakery.

"Let go!" I yelled.

"Nope, you need help, and we're helping you," Nik said, dragging me behind him. The other guys followed us.

Note to myself hurt Pax when I see him.

I sat on a couch at a house as the four guys stood there. Nik sat in front of me.

"I know what you're going through," Nik said.

"How would you know?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

"Because I lost someone I loved in high school," Nik answered, surprising me. "I didn't know how to deal with loss or grief. I almost got expelled from school until my parents sent me away for the summer. I came to stay with Leo and his brothers."