Girl's night

Nora

After hanging out with Presley, I went back to my dorm room. It was nice to hang out with someone since all the girls were busy with someone. Plus, Presley needed a friend.

I figured a night of watching movies would work. I picked up some snacks on my way home, and when I arrived, I scrolled through Netflix to find movies to watch. I was about to play a video when Kaylee came into the room.

"What are you doing?" Kaylee asked me.

"I'm having a date night with myself. Snacks and rom-coms are on the list since I have the night off from work," I answered, looking at the laptop.

"Well, instead of date night alone, how about a girl's night?" Kaylee suggested.

I looked at Kaylee like she was crazy.

"Nora, it is college. You can watch movies anytime. There comes the point in our lives that we must seize the day," Kaylee announced.

"Have you ever seized the day?" I questioned.

"Well, no, but it doesn't mean that I can't. Plus, I want to experience college life before I'm too old to give a shit," Kaylee mentioned.

I chuckled.

"Call some girls, and let's go out. We can have fun, dance, meet cute guys," Kaylee suggested, wiggling her brows.

I rolled my eyes. Selena and Josie came into the dorm room.

"What's happening?" Selena asked us.

"I'm trying to get old maid here to go out tonight," Kaylee answered, pointing at me.

I looked at Kaylee weirdly.

"I'm not old. I have the night off from work and thought that watching movies would be fun," I said.

Josie and Selena looked at each other, then at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"You're going out," Selena and Josie said in unison.

"I'll call Britt," Josie said.

"I'll call Jesse and Skylar," Selena said.

I sighed as Kaylee smiled. There goes my movie night as I changed and went out with the girls. We went to a pub and sat down at a table. We ordered drinks.

"Now, this is like it," Kaylee said with enthusiasm.

"You don't get out much, do you?" Jesse asked.

"No," Kaylee sighed.

We laughed.

"Is this your first year of college?" Skylar asked Kaylee.

"No, it's my second year. I went to a community college last year while I was training for my certification," Kaylee answered.

"Certification for what?" Britt asked.

"It's my paramedic certification. My family is paramedics, and I wanted to follow in their footsteps," Kaylee explained.

"Our dad is a shrink," Skylar mentioned.

"Our dad is an asshole," Britt said, gesturing to me.

"Our dad is an accountant," Josie added, pointing to Selena.

"Well, my real dad. My fake dad was a drug addict," Selena said casually.

Kaylee looked confused.

"Okay, I will fill you in about us," Selena said as she explained everything to Kaylee. We all sat there as Kaylee tried to figure out everything. "That is the entire story," Selena finished.