Hanging out with the brothers

Presley

My brothers decided that I needed a night out with them, minus their significant others. We went to a place to shoot darts and hangout. The five of us walked into the area and found a booth to sit. We ordered something to drink as Payton paid for some games of darts.

"Come on, Presley. You and I are first," Payton said.

I got up and walked over to the line on the floor. Payton handed me darts. I threw them. We traded off with the darts while my other brothers played pool.

"So, who's the girl you were arguing with at the apple orchard?" Payton asked me.

I walked over and pulled the darts out of the board. "That's my new partner, Kaylee," I said. I took my position and threw each dart.

"She seems nice," Payton mentioned, walking over to the dartboard.

"I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no," I told Payton.

Payton walked back over to me. "Who says I'm thinking anything?" Payton asked.

"I know you. You figure if you get me to talk about Kaylee, sparks will fly. That's not happening," I answered.

Payton threw the darts. "I never said that. I was curious," Payton said.

"Yeah, well, your curiosity can stay far away from me," I replied, throwing darts.

We played a few games of darts; then I went to get something to drink. I stood at the bar as I heard someone say, "Look what the cat dragged in."

I looked at Kaylee, who smiled.

"I didn't take you for having fun, Mr. Downer," Kaylee teased, then making a scowl.

"I'm hanging out with my brothers, who thought we needed to bond," I mentioned.

Kaylee turned and saw my brothers. "Oh, yeah, the apple tree boys. Did they learn their lesson to stay out of trees?" Kaylee asked me.

"That is doubtful. Have you met my brothers? All of them have issues," I mentioned.

"What about you? Do you have issues?" Kaylee questioned.

"Only with dating, excuse me," I said, taking my drink to the table.

Kaylee

Presley seemed guarded. I don't think the guy knew how to have fun. Dad thinks he's a screwup, but with every call that we had, Presley stayed professional. I got my drink and went to the table.

"Hey, Hayes. What took you so long?" Martinez asked.

"I ran into Presley," I mentioned.

"Did you ask him out?" Miller questioned.

"It's not like that. We're partners. Plus, Presley avoids a conversation with me like the plague," I answered.

"Girl, you like him," Hathaway teased.

I glanced at Presley, who threw darts with his brother. Then I looked at the other paramedics.

"We're partners," I implied.

"That's what they all say, but Gray has a reputation with the ladies," Martinez mentioned, drinking his beer.

I glanced again and thought about what Martinez said. Everyone is telling me these things about Presley, but I didn't see it. I doubt that I would.

Presley

I saw Kaylee with Martinez, Miller, and Hathaway. Great, I didn't need gossip, and they were the worst at the station. It's bad enough that my brothers are hounding me about Kaylee.