It's all relative

Presley

I sat on the couch with Ma on my right and Pops on my left. Aunt Luna and Uncle Nolan sat on the coffee table in front of me. I felt confused, lost, and mostly hurt.

"I don't understand. Why would Eliza do that?" I questioned.

"Because it's easy when people are insecure," Nolan said.

We looked at Nolan.

"Presley, it doesn't matter how much you show someone your faithfulness if they're insecure that doesn't go away overnight," Nolan explained.

"He's right," Luna agreed.

"But I did everything to show Eliza that I wanted only her," I told them.

"Sometimes it's not enough for a person," Nolan replied.

"How did Aunt Brook handle your past?" I questioned.

"She didn't like it, but she knew it was my past. Plus, she wasn't insecure, and I didn't give her a reason," Nolan explained.

I looked at Luna. "How did Uncle Major handle your past?" I asked.

"Well, with a lot of miscommunication on our parts," Luna said.

Everyone looked at Luna.

"Do you mean when you slapped Major because he slept with someone when you weren't together?" Nolan asked Luna.

Ma put her hand on her face, and Pops rolled his eyes. My brothers looked confused, and I looked at Luna with surprise.

"Yeah, it wasn't one of my better moments," Luna answered, raising a finger.

"More like it wasn't one of your best moments," Nolan retorted.

"Major forgave me," Luna reasoned.

"For being a tool," Nolan remarked.

"Did you forget that Major lied?" Luna questioned.

"Did you forget you broke up with the poor sap?" Nolan asked.

"Do you both have a point, or is there a reason you're screwing this up?" We heard someone ask.

We all turned and saw Grandpa and Uncle Nixon by the front door.

"Why are you here?" Nolan asked Nixon.

"I came to see my pride and joy, and Nash wanted to check on Presley," Nixon answered. "It seems we came in time because I'm sure when you both finish, the boy will feel more confused than ever."

Grandpa hugged my brothers and walked towards me. I looked up at Grandpa and broke.

"Come on, Presley," Grandpa coaxed, holding out his arms to me.

I stood up and hugged him as he let me cry. I let go and wiped my face.

"Let's talk," Grandpa said, and I nodded. We left the living room and went upstairs.

"Do you think it's a good thing to have Nash talk to Presley?" Nolan asked.

"Sometimes we need perspective from king tool himself," Nixon remarked.

We went into the bedroom, and I sat down on my bed as Grandpa closed the door. He grabbed a chair and placed it in front of me, sitting down.

"I don't understand. What did I do wrong?" I asked.

"You did nothing wrong, but sometimes our actions make someone insecure," Grandpa explained.

I looked at Grandpa with confusion.