Nixon to the rescue

Nixon

After getting some beauty rest, which I needed, as did Nash. We dressed and came downstairs. Kaiden, Greg, and Lex were in the kitchen, having breakfast. I needed coffee, stat.

"How bad is it with Presley?" Kaiden asked me while I poured a coffee into a cup.

"It's as bad as it was with Lyric, but worse," I answered, drinking my coffee.

"It's guilt," Nash said, sitting next to Lex. "I watched Lyric struggle after Daniel's death. Then Matthew did the same thing, except he refused to date anyone. Death affects everyone differently."

"Will Presley ever deal with the grief?" Kaiden asked.

"He is," I answered, surprising everyone. They all looked at me as I drank my coffee.

What everyone is forgetting is Presley is dealing with his grief on his terms. I saw it many times with the people I counsel that came to me. That is why Parker called me.

We had breakfast then left after I told Frick to call his mother. Kat would have my ass if he didn't call, and I don't need Kitty Kat pissy. Have you ever dealt with a pissy woman? It's not fun, and I get no fun.

We left and went to the devil children's house. It's time that Presley and I had a chat.

Presley

I woke up and came downstairs to see Uncle Nixon sitting in a chair alone in the living room. Parker must have called him.

"Can I get a cup of coffee first?" I asked.

"Be my guest. It's on the counter," Nixon answered while shrugging.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee, then came out to the living room. I sat down on the couch as I sipped my coffee.

"Parker called you, didn't he?" I asked.

"Your brother thought you needed help. I thought I needed sleep. Guess who won?" Nixon asked while smirking.

"You wasted a trip. I'm seeing my therapist," I mentioned, drinking my coffee.

"And I see it's working so well," Nixon retorted.

I set my cup down and looked at Nixon.

"What do you want to discuss? The fact everyone is pushing me, or I got stuck in a never-ending sea of emotions? How about the freaky nightmares I have?" I asked, getting angry.

I stood up and started pacing.

"Let's talk about how everyone thinks I should go back to the old Presley. That every time I turn around, someone is giving me advice. Okay, let's talk. Eliza didn't listen. She ran into a burning building because she worried about me. Eliza never listened and would be alive if she did. Nope, she disobeyed orders, and it killed her. Why didn't she listen? I was proposing. We would have a life together," I screamed, feeling myself break.

Nixon stood up and looked at me.

"Because it wouldn't matter if Eliza listened," Nixon said.

My lip quivered as tears fell down my cheeks.

"Eliza made a poor judgment call, and it cost her life. You can't save everyone, but you can rescue one," Nixon told me.

"I hate her," I whispered, feeling an ache in my chest.

"Because you loved Eliza deeper than the ocean. She's not here, and you are. It is survivor's guilt. I saw it many times in people who experienced grief. They question everything and what they would do differently. Nothing would change," Nixon explained.