It's a brother thing

Kaylee

I wandered around the festival, thinking about what Presley said. It's no big deal. Well, okay, then I guess it's no big deal.

I found Nora and Drake. "How was the haunted house?" Nora asked me.

"It was okay. Can I talk to you alone?" I asked.

"I'll grab us some cotton candy," Drake mentioned, leaving Nora and me alone.

"What's up?" Nora asked.

"Presley kissed me," I answered, surprising Nora. "I tried to talk to him about it, and he said it was no big deal."

Nora looked at me with confusion.

"I thought there was a spark, but I doubt it," I mentioned, feeling confused.

"I'm so confused," Nora mentioned.

"You're not the only one," I agreed.

"Maybe Presley worries that you didn't like the kiss," Nora suggested.

"Or maybe it Presley thought it was a mistake. I mean, he grieved for Eliza. Perhaps it was a heat of the moment," I suggested.

"Well, did you like his kiss?" Nora asked me.

A smile curled upon my lips. "The kiss was amazing," I answered.

"Did you tell Presley?" Nora asked me.

"Well, uh, no," I replied.

Nora facepalmed herself. Selena, Britt, Josie, and Shaun walked over to us.

"What's wrong with Nora, and why does she look like she made a mistake with Drake?" Britt asked.

Nora removed her hand from her face and gave Britt a look.

"Don't give me that look," Britt ordered.

"First, stop hassling me about Drake. Second, Presley kissed Kaylee," Nora said.

"We knew that," Josie mentioned.

We did a double-take.

Selena smacked Josie in the arm. "Why did you smack me?" Josie asked Selena.

"You have a big mouth," Selena told Josie.

"Ignore the double-mint twins. Did you enjoy the kiss?" Britt asked.

I looked at everyone and smiled. "No one ever kissed me like that," I mentioned.

"Then why are we standing here telling us? Tell the person who kissed you," Shaun suggested.

I looked at everyone.

"Why are you waiting? Run, Forest, run!" Britt yelled.

My eyes widened, and I ran to find Presley. I moved around people, bumping into people, excusing myself. I slowed my pace to a walk, looking around at the festival. I walked around, not paying attention until I bumped into someone, literally.

"Sorry," I mumbled, touching the person. I started walking away when the person caught my arm. I stopped and turned to see Presley. My heart sped up as he looked at me.

Presley

I held Kaylee's arm gently. I looked at her as she looked back at me, then I did the one thing I wanted to do. I moved towards her and placed my hand on her cheek, then leaned in and captured her lips with mine.

I released her arm and moved my other hand to her cheek as I deepened the kiss. Kaylee moved her hands to my back and kissed me back. I know this kiss changes things between us, but I didn't care.