Guess who?

Presley

I made a cup of coffee when I heard pounding on the door. Who the hell is here at eight in the morning? I answered the door and saw my grandpa, uncles, and aunts standing there.

Nixon looked at me. "It's about damn time someone answered the door. Thanks to these two twits, I'm missing my beauty sleep," he said, pointing at Nolan and Luna.

"Eh, you're still ugly," Nathan said, walking past Nixon.

"You should know," Nixon retorted.

"Truth hurts, doesn't it?" Noah asked Nixon.

"You mean like your quick shooting? Did you learn control yet, or do you get a case of blue balls often?" Nixon asked Noah.

Noah glared at Nixon.

"Remind me to buy you a cake," Nixon told Noah.

"Coming from the guy who prays to keep it up. Good luck, brother," Nolan commented, patting Nixon's shoulder. Nixon smacked Nolan, and Grandpa separated them.

"I'm hungry," Larkin announced, walking to the kitchen.

"When aren't you hungry?" Lakin asked, following Larkin.

Lyric sighed, and Luna giggled. They hugged me, and I hugged them back.

"How are you doing?" Luna asked me as the others looked at me.

I gave Aunt Luna a look.

"Do you mean that everyone pushes me to be who I was? Then peachy," I answered, my tone curt.

"Luna, let's make sure Larkin doesn't eat all the boys' food," Lyric suggested, escorting Luna into the kitchen.

I cursed silently to myself.

"I didn't mean that," I whispered, shaking my head. I felt like shit. Luna is my favorite aunt, and Uncle Nolan is my favorite uncle.

"Hey, it's okay," Nixon reassured me.

I looked at Nixon, furrowing my brows.

"Presley, we get it," Noah reasoned.

I walked over and sat down in a chair.

"I feel like I'm drowning, and I can't stop it. I can't breathe," I said, my voice cracking as I put my hand on my face.

Grandpa sat down in front of me.

"Presley, look at me," Grandpa said.

I lowered my hand and looked at Grandpa as tears fell down my cheeks.

"When you lose someone, you suffer. Grief consumes you, and you become lost. Then one day, that veil lifts, and you move on with your life. Yes, death changes you, but it's the love of your family that helps you survive," Grandpa explained.

"Who told you that?" I asked sniffling.

"Your Grammy Gray when your grandad passed away," Grandpa answered.

"It was the same with Uncle Jonas and Uncle Cayson," Grandpa added.

"I just want this ache to stop and breathe," I said, my voice cracking, then I cried.

I felt hands touch me as I looked and saw my aunts offering comfort.

Lyric moved and knelt in front of me. "You're drowning. You can't breathe. You're lost. You want to lock yourself away. You don't want anyone but the person who isn't here. You never think the feeling will go away, then one day it gets better," Lyric explained, holding my hands.